Anyone Remove Foglight Lens Before?

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Had some water get into my foglights and I was lazy and never removed them to clean it out. So the water turned kind of brown and today when I finally removed the fogs(amazingly easy btw..lol) it's left that brown color on the lens on the inside. I used a cotton ball and a Q tip and got 95% of it off but I'd still like to remove the lens and clean them real good. Need to add some silicone around them anyways to help them seal, the lens isn't cracked or anything. Opinions?

Thanks!

b4three

b4three
Established Member
you should try to seal em with silicone, i did that and it lasted almost 2 years. They finally started leaking again so i just recently bought new ones.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I ended up using a cotton ball on one of those grabber things to clean the lens. The reflector is dirty as well but it'll have to do until I pull them apart.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Dave, I actually had both of my fog lenses fall of of my truck. I was fortunate that I was able to stop and pick them up when they came off. What I can tell you is. That I cleaned them with a spray liquid wax. I then cleaned the outer ring were the fog lenses come in contact with the housing with que tips that I soaked in alcohol. Then when they wer good and dry I applied some RTV black Permatex 16B to the Lenses. I then took my trusty heat gun and applied some heat to the housing and the lens. Just to make them good and tacky. I then pressed them back on to the Fog Lens housing. I let them set up for a while and then turned the lights on. Just to keep the heat on the lens covers. Still to this day, they are still on there.

Permatex Black silicon FTW.

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
Had the same problem when I first got my truck my advice is just buy new ones off ebay you'll save yourself a lot of trouble in the long run.

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
I beleive the late 80s-early 90s mustang GT used the same forg lights. I bought some when I had mine and they were very cheap.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
99-00 you can take the lens off..... hell mine fell out going down the road too not sure about the 01 and up trucks but i dont think you can pull them apart

Users who are viewing this thread