Anyone regret trading/selling their 11-14 GT in on a 15 GT?

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Just wondering if the honeymoon stage wore off and the new fangled greatness wore off and you wish you had your "old" GT back? I'm on the fence, but if I keep mine the wife is ok with modding it just like my f-bodies of the past. I've had mine a year and 13k miles. It would be about $3k more than I paid for mine. The obvious upgrades over mine are the IRS and much better track handling, bluetooth, power front seats, homelink garage door transmitter(?not sure), track apps, line lock, nicer interior, better seats?, obviously a better ride (not that mine is that bad), back up camera, dimming rear view, and dual zone a/c.
I have the few things in my sig and a NIB set of Koni yellows as I was planning on going P springs, aphb, lca brackets, and GT500 mounts. Also have a SCT X4, but looking for a new custom tune. I guess I would also do the Ford Racing x pipe and start investigating which "budget" supercharger/turbo is the way to go. I would want to stay stock engine and keep it together as long as possible. Thanks!

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Just wondering if the honeymoon stage wore off and the new fangled greatness wore off and you wish you had your "old" GT back? I'm on the fence, but if I keep mine the wife is ok with modding it just like my f-bodies of the past. I've had mine a year and 13k miles. It would be about $3k more than I paid for mine. The obvious upgrades over mine are the IRS and much better track handling, bluetooth, power front seats, homelink garage door transmitter(?not sure), track apps, line lock, nicer interior, better seats?, obviously a better ride (not that mine is that bad), back up camera, dimming rear view, and dual zone a/c.
I have the few things in my sig and a NIB set of Koni yellows as I was planning on going P springs, aphb, lca brackets, and GT500 mounts. Also have a SCT X4, but looking for a new custom tune. I guess I would also do the Ford Racing x pipe and start investigating which "budget" supercharger/turbo is the way to go. I would want to stay stock engine and keep it together as long as possible. Thanks!

Keep your current s197 5.0.

I'd understand trading in for the 2016 Camaro SS with the LT1, Brembos, and -200lbs, but not the 200lb heavier s550..

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Yea, I get that, but it's quite a lot better car on a road course even with the weight. I've ridden in an ecoboost automatic that was insane and the GT is even faster. Then that Camaro will weigh what the new Mustang does. I would probably be better to wait on it though as it should be one helluva engine. It will be a while before they're dealing on them too.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I don't ever regret it honestly. I don't give a crap about drag racing, but I do enjoy HPDE weekends and an all around better car for daily driving. My 13GT with shocks/struts/springs/panhard would never keep up with my stock 15 GT PP on a road course and on the street the IRS simply makes it drive more like an M3 rather than a 20 year old pony car. It feels like a car 200 pounds lighter when you're not obsessed with trap speeds and 60 foot times. In corner entry and exit it is a peach compared to a S197 car. The interior is a pretty huge step forward as well. The only thing I really was upset about with the S550 is the quality control. Most of them have misaligned panels and other fun issues. Sadly the MT82 remains as well and although they claim the 15 shifter is better I really don't feel any difference from the 13 to the 15 shifter. Both were notchy from the factory but a little Amsoil MTF fixed that right up for both.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
^ Uh, I guess so! Apparently my wife told my 12 yo carnut son that she didn't care what mods I did to my 14 if I would just keep it.....that's news to me. I will say, I do really like the looks of mine every time I walk into my garage. It would be even better lowered....with a front splitter.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
If my 12 had been a 13 for the improved rear end, and had been a premium... I probably would have kept it.

Now dont get me wrong, I like everything about my 15 more (interior, body styling, color...), but I waited so long for it that I thought I had talked myself into keeping my 12. But the more I looked at the wall of plastic that was the dashboard and the narrow, weird back end... And gripped that plastic steering wheel... I was never going to be able to stay happy with that car.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I would have hard time giving up my 14 GT/CS now that I have it just the way I want it. Until and if the N/A coyote receives a bump up in displacement via 6.0 liters plus Im holding on. A 6 to 7.0 liter coyote would pretty much kill the ohv motors the other American brands are using. Listen up Ford... Bring back the 427 cammer in 4v design!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Loved my 14GT premium track pack, but no comparison to my 15gt premium auto, completely different car. Both cars are awesome, but the 15 has a much nicer interior and more features, rides better too.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I Could never justify switching from my 12 with 641 rwhp, and starting Over With 435hp. I drove a 15 stang and i drove a 15 focus st, kept my sTang traded my Lexus for the 2015 focus st...now i have 2 fun to drive cars!

Last edited:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Plus the 15 is a world car. Any Joe all across the globe can walk into a Ford dealer and buy the same new mustang. Not saying the 13/14 cars are rare by any means and people do import all the time, but....

Dcrypter

Established Member
I Could never justify switching from my 12 with 641 rwhp, and starting Over With 435hp. I drove a 15 stang and i drove a 15 focus st, kept my sTang traded my Lexus for the 2015 focus st...now i have 2 fun to drive cars!

Should have waited on the RS. ST to RS is an upgrade you will be dying to do, those cars are going to be beasts.

Dcrypter

Established Member

You won't regret it. I absolutely loved my '12 and shed a few man tears when she was totalled but this '15 is better in pretty much every way(especially with the blower heh). I've been driving the crap out of it for 7 months now and I don't miss the '12 at all. All my friends have said what a big upgrade it was from the '12 and none of them are car people.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Plus the 15 is a world car. Any Joe all across the globe can walk into a Ford dealer and buy the same new mustang. Not saying the 13/14 cars are rare by any means and people do import all the time, but....

lol... you're not saying it, yet you're implying it heavily.

If your reason for wanting a 13/14 GT over a 15 GT is rarity, you're in the wrong hobby.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
My wife has a 13 GT/CS vert, she said "don't even think of trading her car for that Stupid Fusiion"!!!! Those were her exact words..................................:rolleyes:

Last edited:

MattGT06

Established Member
I'm coming from an 06 GT to my 15 GTPP and I love it! its a totally different car but I have only had a day now lol

Users who are viewing this thread