Anyone regret buying another mustang?

sdoo500

Established Member
So long story short, I totaled my 3v on Friday night. It was pouring rain and starting to freeze as I was on my way home (didn't know it was supposed to be that cold or I wouldn't have even had the car out). Doing about 35 the back of the car slid out and put me into a street light

My question is about my next car. 2011+ have come down to my price range now and I'm really starting to think about buying one. Do any of you gus regret going right into another mustang and not getting something else? I have a winter beater I'll drive for remainder of the winter and enjoy no payment but come spring time I can't imagine not being in something else. Started to look at a new sho as its alot more practical I just feel like I'll get bored.

I know I will get a lot of "you can't drive blah blah," but stuff happens. All I want to know is you guys opinions on buying the same car. Thanks

sdoo500

Established Member
I'd love to get a cobra but financing something that old at this point will be a good chunk of interest and I don't want to be making payments on an already 10 year old car. The car will sort of be a dd minus the winter so Im liking the idea of all the comfort the newer gts have.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The only regret I had after buying my Cobra was that the shops that worked on it did such a shoddy job. Within 6 months of ownership, the fuel system damn near caught on fire and the engine self destructed on my way to work.

I'd look at other cars if someone made an attractive RWD sports car with good power that isn't a huge tank for a decent price. I'd consider a terminator if I could get one for a steal, but it's still a 10 year old car. And I'd rather spend a tad more on a '15 than buy a 11-14 at this point.

sdoo500

Established Member
There's just not a ton of other cars that I love right now. I do agree with spending a little bit more for a 15 but I just don't like them (yet)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No regrets! But I'm a mustang guy. I think just having a car (toy) for pure fun is a great hobby......and an expensive one.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I keep trying to talk myself into getting another Mustang.....that alone keeps me from doing it.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I see the 2015 5.0 platform the way to go. Boosted, they can reliably handle 750rwhp all day long, maybe more. What an all around performer, track, street and strip.

sdoo500

Established Member
Yeah a brand new gt is not in my price rage unfortunately. Full time college student working part time can do that. I wanted something a little more practical (i.e better in snow, better on gas) but think I will end up getting really bored with anything less than my 3v in terms of fun factor

einehund

Established Member
look at getting a used ST... I love my Shelby, but the wife has a Focus ST and I love it just as much, just in a different way. The price of used ST's is very reasonable, and the MPG and Smiles per Gallon are awesome. Aftermarket is good for the Focus, as well, so you can still tinker all you want.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Glad I unloaded my 11GT when I did...I've been seeing some for STUPID low prices now. Definitely worth getting one, I enjoyed mine a lot. I'm sure come spring time you'll see plenty in the $16-17k range.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Get an 11-12 5.0. I have had mine a month and I love it, came from a built 01 cobra. Awesome car and really affordable right now to. You will not regret it. Huge upgrade over your 3 valve. The deals are there. I got my 12 with 44k miles for $18.8 out the door

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
No regrets.
................But I do have reservations about buying any future MY offerings, based on the 15 / 16's I've seen.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i was iffy about getting another car payment since i had not had one in years. found a terminator in my price range....soon as i heard the whine i was hooked again haha. no regrets...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Instead you bought a charger?

Yes, Ford offered NOTHING that compared.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about now since its crossed my mind to get another car. Not three years ago when I bought the SRT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread