Anyone ran into this?

LSKILLA

Established Member
Picked up a set of Direct Drill Racestar 17x4.5 fronts and M/H tires. Had the mounted and balanced by a good shop but when I put them on above 70 mph the wheel vibrates. Any solutions?

scotmach

Established Member
I have the Weld RT-S wheels with Hoosier front runners and they also shake a little over 70 miles an hour. I think it's the byproduct of running a front skinny.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Picked up a set of Direct Drill Racestar 17x4.5 fronts and M/H tires. Had the mounted and balanced by a good shop but when I put them on above 70 mph the wheel vibrates. Any solutions?

Yeah went thru that when I first got that same setup. went back to the shop that mounted the tires and they balanced out perfect, but still vibrated over 70. So I called M&H and they told me to put 50 street miles and report back. I did as they said and the vibration went away. They said it has to do with what those tires are made of, I forget what they said, but it was poly soemthing.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
mine are used but they balanced out perfect and vibrate a little bit. is nothing crazy but its there.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Weld RTS setup with hoosiers up front and mt drag radials out back. No vibrations or any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread