Anyone ran 80mm and E85 on stock longblock and for how long ?

burke985

Established Member
Just curious if anyone has run a 80 mm with their TVS and E85 with a BAP , my setup currently consists of an 82mm/ Id1000 and pump E85 and JMS 22v BAP power max. About to do OPG and crank sprocket and was thinking of throwing the 80mm on and seeing if the fueling is good enough with the BAP. Just wanting to see if anyone has done this and please save the get a return system comments ....i know its coming in the future. But as for now i wanna try the 80 with my current setup and just looking for some feedback. Thanks in advance

The Beast 2014

Established Member
If you have a tuner that will do it without the fuel system then give it a shot. Your tuner will get the power out of it they can given the limitations of the fuel. I can pulley to a 3 inch pulley on E85 but my tuner won't do it without the fuel system.

GTPaxton

Established Member
return fuel system or i see pistons taking a vacation from your engine block in the future

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
Most tuners are only comfortable down to the 82mm because at that point you're close if not maxing out the 22v BAPs. If you already have the pulley throw it on, do a quick pull and see how your data log looks. If the STFTs are going wild or it's leaning out, then you know for sure the pump can't keep up.

burke985

Established Member
Thanks for feedback, after some research and advice from tuner and several others I'm just gonna wait and get a fuel system. Probably go for the Sai Li system within the next few months.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Are you guys saying it's not safe to run a 80mm pulley without a complete fuel system upgrade or just not on e85? I run the 79 mm pulley with id 1000's and BAP on 93. I have the VMP kit not the roush though. The previous owner before me I know was running e85 without any issues. I don't personally see myself going to e85 though.

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
Are you guys saying it's not safe to run a 80mm pulley without a complete fuel system upgrade or just not on e85? I run the 79 mm pulley with id 1000's and BAP on 93. I have the VMP kit not the roush though. The previous owner before me I know was running e85 without any issues. I don't personally see myself going to e85 though.

On E85..... do you know if he was running an 82mm or a 79mm when he was on E85.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I had a 82mm pulley on my VMP TVS for 16,000 miles on 93 octane before a rod windowed my block. We think it was detonation. I would go with a fuel system and E85 on a safe tune if you want to run the 80mm pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread