Anyone put a 4-valve head on a Lightning???

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I don't think the 4v heads will bolt up to a Lightning's block. I've seen some who have went with the Lincoln Navigator block with the 4v heads with a turbo set up instead of a supercharger.

But, I've been out of the loop for a while, maybe something has changed.:shrug:

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I don't think the 4v heads will bolt up to a Lightning's block. I've seen some who have went with the Lincoln Navigator block with the 4v heads with a turbo set up instead of a supercharger.

But, I've been out of the loop for a while, maybe something has changed.:shrug:

Yes you have! How you been Kevin? I thought maybe you had sold your truck.
Ned

65fastback2+2

Established Member
dont people put 4v cobra heads on 2v GT blocks? I know ive seen that done before.....but maybe it doesnt work on the truck motors?

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
dont people put 4v cobra heads on 2v GT blocks? I know ive seen that done before.....but maybe it doesnt work on the truck motors?

yes it works, but if your not going to run a navigator intake or one from sullivian or a blower meant for a 5.4 4V they you can get spacers and use a 99/01 cobra intake. its just that most people don't do it cause after all that you have to get a new front cover plate and redo all the pulleys. but their are lightings running around with a blown 5.4 4V....

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
The easy way to run a blower is to use the Shelby heads and blower or you can do the Navi heads and run a turbo......... the blocks are all the same as far as putting them on its the heads that are different

MISTERgadget

Turbo 4V Lightning
Established Member
I did a GT 4v swap on my truck, went turbo instead of keeping a blower on it. you can go either way with the right parts, most of the conversion is basically a parts-bin process of finding the right stuff. The "core" of mine was GT hardware but most of the brackets and accessories are is 99-02 navigator parts, as they have the same engine bay.

Turbobolt.com - Ford GT Powered Turbo L

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
I did a GT 4v swap on my truck, went turbo instead of keeping a blower on it. you can go either way with the right parts, most of the conversion is basically a parts-bin process of finding the right stuff. The "core" of mine was GT hardware but most of the brackets and accessories are is 99-02 navigator parts, as they have the same engine bay.

I love your truck man.

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
dont mean to steal your thread op. it kinda relates to the topic my heads are bad since blowing the plug. but i have the opportunity of getting some gt40 heads and cams and was wondering what was i required for the swap.
Thanks

qurtrn10

Established Member

I love that truck! Not overdone on the outside, exhaust sounds perfect at low RPMs, and when you hit the throttle - perfection! If I ever pay off the L, I know now what I'm going to put my freed up money toward. If there's another south Florida meet, I'm going to have to go just to see this L in person! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread