Anyone plan on going to NED tomorrow night (june 16th)?

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
Hey guys! A couple of us guys from Maine are FINALLY going to hit street night tomorrow june 16th down at NED.......Anyone else plan on going? David?? :-D

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
GRRRR :cuss: I wish you told me sooner. I was just up there today visiting Pete, getting a KB BAP thrown in the car and getting re-tuned. Oh well.

Next time you guys are planning to head to NED, let me know a tad sooner.

I was thinking of trying to get a bunch of folks to do a Track Rental.... How does that sound...

Let me know.
Thanks
David

Oh, and good luck tomorrow. :beer:

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
GRRRR :cuss: I wish you told me sooner. I was just up there today visiting Pete, getting a KB BAP thrown in the car and getting re-tuned. Oh well.

I was thinking of trying to get a bunch of folks to do a Track Rental.... How does that sound...

Let me know.
Thanks
David

what, can't go 2 days in a row?? :lol: Come'on! I know you want to try the new tune out tomorrow!!

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i'd love to go but i just installed a stage 4 port, 2.76/2lb combo and all the supporting mods. my car wont be tuned until saturday though so i'm out.

dave, any new numbers with the new tune? i'll be heading up to pete on saturday.

Frank

03BADSTANG

Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:

Let me know.
Thanks
David

I would be up for a track rental sometime. Just let me know.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I will be at Pete's Saturday with Frank.Getting my 2.76 pulley, idlers and
a newer tune installed.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
dave, any new numbers with the new tune? i'll be heading up to pete on saturday.Frank

Exactly the same... Kinda funny if you think about it, I guess the car is pretty consistant. Put down 496/468, but now my A/F is nice and flat after 6k. Last time it started to really head north after 6k. Wanted to be sure I was safe, now I need to figure out what mod is next to get some more power. I'm thinking of going 2.93/4lb and see what that does for me.

Thanks
David

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
Exactly the same... Kinda funny if you think about it, I guess the car is pretty consistant. Put down 496/468, but now my A/F is nice and flat after 6k. Last time it started to really head north after 6k. Wanted to be sure I was safe, now I need to figure out what mod is next to get some more power. I'm thinking of going 2.93/4lb and see what that does for me.

Thanks
David

I have 500 wheel horses...and 1 deer, doesn't feel any faster though.

Dave

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:

Thanks
David

cool. the lower should put your torque way up and get you over 500 rwhp.

Frank

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
well it sucked bad tonight. Humid as all hell and the track prep was horrible as usual. my best 2 runs (if you can call them that) was a 12.6 @ 111, and a 12.4 @ 117. Makes no sense. I am up about 100 rwhp over last season, and am running slower!!! Best last year was 12.0 @ 118. I would figure even if my ET's were still crappy my trap speed would be up there. I think my clutch is done. The tranny is getting harder and harder to get in gear, essp. when hot. Dyno #'s in sig, what do you guys think?

oops, i forgot the sig only shows in first post

numbers are 587rwhp, 519 rwtq...............

Last edited:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Dan_Soprano said:
well it sucked bad tonight. Humid as all hell and the track prep was horrible as usual. my best 2 runs (if you can call them that) was a 12.6 @ 111, and a 12.4 @ 117. Makes no sense. I am up about 100 rwhp over last season, and am running slower!!! Best last year was 12.0 @ 118. I would figure even if my ET's were still crappy my trap speed would be up there. I think my clutch is done. The tranny is getting harder and harder to get in gear, essp. when hot. Dyno #'s in sig, what do you guys think?

oops, i forgot the sig only shows in first post

numbers are 587rwhp, 519 rwtq...............

It sounds like its going on you.....with that much power you should be trapping 120's

Dave

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
Davesnake said:
It sounds like its going on you.....with that much power you should be trapping 120's

Dave
the thing the gets me is I really can't feel it slipping......every time I have ever felt a clutch slip in other cars its like it almost revs freely with no increase in speed......I don't know. I am kinda pissed right now though.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Dan_Soprano said:
the thing the gets me is I really can't feel it slipping......every time I have ever felt a clutch slip in other cars its like it almost revs freely with no increase in speed......I don't know. I am kinda pissed right now though.

Maybe you are launching too hard and the car is spinning the wheels?
that much power might require a little less rpm at the staring line?
just a thought, Ken

Chi3f

Established Member
hey dan i raced you last night. I was in the black lightning that was all happy about cutting a 1.59 60' on nittos:beer: you have one hell of a car man

Last edited:

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
Chi3f said:
hey dan i raced you last night. I was in the black lightning that was all happy about cutting a 1.59 60' on nittos:beer: you have one hell of a car man
Hell yeah! Nice run bro! That thing runs like a raped ape!!! SWEET 60' time BTW!!

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
The clutch is done, it's slipping on the big end. My car was the same, went from trapping 126-128 down to 117-120 you won't feel it slipping because your going over a 100 anyway.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Davesnake said:
I have 500 wheel horses...and 1 deer, doesn't feel any faster though.Dave

:shrug: I'm sensing sarcasm, just can't figure out what it means... Please translate.

Are you saying I shouldn't have expected more power or don't bother adding a lower cuz I won't notice the difference?

David

Users who are viewing this thread