Anyone own this car in the past? 2010 GT500 Vert Black/Black

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
No, but I just called and bought it so you don't need to worry anymore.:D

Bastage. :beer:

I'm also looking at an '11 Vert, black with stripe delete, PP, EP and a '10 Vert, white /silver stripe.

Carmax is getting more information for me. I want to know if it was traded or bought by them. I really want something with less miles than that. We'll see what they say. It's a free transfer to the Carmax up the street from me.

4Lights

My other car is a Flex
Established Member
Bastage. :beer:

I'm also looking at an '11 Vert, black with stripe delete, PP, EP and a '10 Vert, white /silver stripe.

Carmax is getting more information for me. I want to know if it was traded or bought by them. I really want something with less miles than that. We'll see what they say. It's a free transfer to the Carmax up the street from me.

go with the '11 if it's a good deal, especially with SVTPP!

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
go with the '11 if it's a good deal, especially with SVTPP!

I like the SVTPP wheels a lot better, but if I don't track the car, is the PP worth it? Plus if I do mods on the suspension, am I gaining anything having the PP?

Thanks!

4Lights

My other car is a Flex
Established Member
I like the SVTPP wheels a lot better, but if I don't track the car, is the PP worth it? Plus if I do mods on the suspension, am I gaining anything having the PP?

Thanks!

I've been asking myself the same question in my shopping around... year/miles/price is the best thing, especially if you plan to mod the suspension - but I like those PP wheels as well

does the '11 have recaros? that's another difference to consider vs a '10 if you want those seats

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
I've been asking myself the same question in my shopping around... year/miles/price is the best thing, especially if you plan to mod the suspension - but I like those PP wheels as well

does the '11 have recaros? that's another difference to consider vs a '10 if you want those seats

No, the '11 doesn't have recaros and I don't care for them. I think they won't be that great for daily driving 2-3 times a week and just cause wear on the side bolsters.

The PP wheels are sweet but they can be bought pretty cheap.

4Lights

My other car is a Flex
Established Member
No, the '11 doesn't have recaros and I don't care for them. I think they won't be that great for daily driving 2-3 times a week and just cause wear on the side bolsters.

The PP wheels are sweet but they can be bought pretty cheap.

then it sounds like it comes down to miles, you listed that as your first concern - get the lowest miles you can if that's the top priority

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
then it sounds like it comes down to miles, you listed that as your first concern - get the lowest miles you can if that's the top priority

Yep, want less than 10k but if the car is clean enough, they can be higher. Carmax just scares the shit out of me so that one is probably a no go.

Going to look at the black svtpp tomorrow afternoon.

4Lights

My other car is a Flex
Established Member
Yep, want less than 10k but if the car is clean enough, they can be higher. Carmax just scares the shit out of me so that one is probably a no go.

Going to look at the black svtpp tomorrow afternoon.

I've never had a reason to be scared of Carmax - purchased 5 cars from them in the past and all have been perfect. I trust them more than any other dealer by far. The 5 day return policy plus 30 day full guarantee makes it a no-risk proposition with them. Pricing may not always be ideal but removing the risk from the purchase makes it easy - just get any purchase fully inspected during that 5 days, any issues you take it back. I've done that before but only once and that was due to buyer's remorse.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Man they told me it was totaled after the garage flooded and the roof fell in on it. Glad to see it back on the road. Was submerged for two weeks. Make sure you take better care of it than I did.

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
The car was gone before the guy could get me more info

Looking at an '11 SVTPP w/Nav tomorrow. 17k miles and the guy is asking $48,500 firm.

I drove an '08 E93 Convertible today and it has my head spinning a little. I know, apples and oranges and there isn't more power to be had from the E93 without $$$$$$$. Still, a very nice ride.

Last edited:

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
I went and looked at the '11 black svtpp vert this morning. It was in great shape except of a ding that the owner is having removed. Doesn't look like a big deal to have PDR done on it. I've had worse removed. I asked him to take me for a drive and he did - wicked fast. I wouldn't ask to drive it unless I had money in my hand and then certainly would before buying.

The owner has had about 12 Mustangs. Forgot to ask him if he is on this forum but if he was, I would imagine he would post his car. He show me pics of his '96 Cobra, Terminator, and '05 turbo charged GT vert.

This is the ad for the car. Let me know what you think about the miles and price. Thanks

2011 Shelby GT500 Convertible

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Find it hard to pay 48.500 for a car that is 2 years old with over 10k on the car. Specially when you could pay less than that for it brand new with no miles

neatofrito1618

Established Member
The 650+ hp 2012 GT500 has an MSRP of 55k, for a used 2011 with 18k miles I would say 43 would be an extremely fair price but it sounds like the owner might be dreaming a bit. And yes, that price is taking the fact that it's a vert into consideration.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Looks like a pretty darn nice car to me. He kinda uses that he still has the stock tires as a selling point, but will probably need tires pretty soon! Lol nice thing about the 11's over the 10's is e aluminum block. That is a huge selling point to me getting that 80 lbs off the front end.

He says he's firm on price but agree with others that maybe a little more fair with another 3k or so taken off.

4Lights

My other car is a Flex
Established Member
Find it hard to pay 48.500 for a car that is 2 years old with over 10k on the car. Specially when you could pay less than that for it brand new with no miles

The 650+ hp 2012 GT500 has an MSRP of 55k, for a used 2011 with 18k miles I would say 43 would be an extremely fair price but it sounds like the owner might be dreaming a bit. And yes, that price is taking the fact that it's a vert into consideration.

Just my opinion.

Please provide a link to one for anywhere close to $43k or a new one like this for less than $48,500

and the MSRP on that 2011 convertible was indeed over $60k

Users who are viewing this thread