Anyone own a 2012 Focus?

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
Looking for opinions on the new Focus. Its time for me to order a new company vehicle. I'm leaning towards the Focus over the 2012 Impreza, Cruze, and Prius or the 2011 Forrester, Carolla, and Matrix. The 2012 looks like leaps and bounds better than the previous generation. I passed on a 2010 last time I got a car cause it simply wasn't as nice as the others

Styling wise I think the Focus blows the others out of the water, and it also looks like it has the nicest interior

My one very specific question that I cant seem to get an answer about, is does the Focus have 1 or 2 12volt plugs in the front? Its very important for me to have 2 (1 for my gps/cell phone and 1 for my Sirius radio). I work in the field and I'm constantly on the road, so I really need both for practicality purposes.

Other than that I would appreciate any opinions/observations

openaccount

Established Member
Dont the 2012 fords come with sirius as part of the cars radio?

Edit: its not standard but there is a Sirius package

What trim are you looking for? SE and up offer the second 12v adapter and a Siruis/Nav unit as options.

S trim gets neither even as options.

This is all on ford's site. Select the trim model then interior specs.

Last edited:

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
You can buy a triple 12v plug probably from Walmart lets you use 3 instead of one, they work great I use one in the tractor for Sirius and blackberry

SUPERSHELBY

SOO-PURR-SHELL-BEE
Established Member
im on a Focus forum and theres alot of memebers reporting problems with theirs and other 2012's. they range... some needed new engines in them with less than 1000 or even 500 miles. not bad mouthing or steering you away from a Focus as i own one... 2010 though.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
Just another car to think about... the Hyundai Elantra. My fiancee recently picked up an Elantra Limited optioned out, and it was about 3K less than a comparably equipped Focus; also similar in size, and has a better warranty. I wanted her to get the Focus but pleasantly surprised with the car. She traded in fully optioned '09 TSX on it, and the dropoff isn't as drastic as I thought it would be from the Acura. I hate to say it, but the new Hyundais are really nice. Looks similar to the one below.

5NPDH4AE8CH098892-1c.jpg

Last edited:

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
Dont the 2012 fords come with sirius as part of the cars radio?

Edit: its not standard but there is a Sirius package

What trim are you looking for? SE and up offer the second 12v adapter and a Siruis/Nav unit as options.

S trim gets neither even as options.

This is all on ford's site. Select the trim model then interior specs.

i would probably receive and SE, but i dont really have a choice. I get whatever I get
You can buy a triple 12v plug probably from Walmart lets you use 3 instead of one, they work great I use one in the tractor for Sirius and blackberry

interesting. I didnt think you could do that without blowing a fuse

im on a Focus forum and theres alot of memebers reporting problems with theirs and other 2012's. they range... some needed new engines in them with less than 1000 or even 500 miles. not bad mouthing or steering you away from a Focus as i own one... 2010 though.

I'm not really worried about reliability. the fleet car company takes care of any repairs. I wont be on the hook for any of that. If it needs to be in the shop they'll give me a rental
Just another car to think about... the Hyundai Elantra. My fiancee recently picked up an Elantra Limited optioned out, and it was about 3K less than a comparably equipped Focus; also similar in size, and has a better warranty. I wanted her to get the Focus but pleasantly surprised with the car. She traded in fully optioned '09 TSX on it, and the dropoff isn't as drastic as I thought it would be from the Acura. I hate to say it, but the new Hyundais are really nice. Looks similar to the one below.

5NPDH4AE8CH098892-1c.jpg
The Elantra would be my first choice in the compact segment, but alas, its not one of the choices I was given. Its only the cars I mentioned in my original post

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
The Elantra would be my first choice in the compact segment, but alas, its not one of the choices I was given. Its only the cars I mentioned in my original post

ahh, I must have misread your 1st post

In that case I would definitely choose the Focus! Even with SE trim they still come equipped with a few bells and whistles. Good luck!

just cracked open a 90 minute IPA after checking out your avatar too :beer:

1SIK98

Established Member
Dont own one but 'i have driven enough to like them a lot. I get a lot of shift complaints but a lot of that is people not used to an automatic-shifting manual transmission. Only problem I have seen was a noisy wheel bearing. Seriously thinking about getting an ST if they have enough power to be fun.......

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
The new 2012 is a great car you can't go wrong. I think it may be the best car for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread