anyone notice a drop in there et from a tubular k-member and a-arms?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
There really isn't a lot of weight difference, not what they lead you to think anyway . It is less weight though, and it is right off the nose so I'd expect better weight transfer and a better 60'.

Once you get your stock stuff off, you'll notice a big difference in weight with the control arms, but you'll be surprised at how light the factory K-member itself is.

snakebite72

Established Member
well i havent gone to the track yet but i can tell you that it will handle awsome,i took a curve yesturday at about 65 with no body roll at all, the car kept strait all the time,daaam that felt good.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
snakebite72 said:
well i havent gone to the track yet but i can tell you that it will handle awsome,i took a curve yesturday at about 65 with no body roll at all, the car kept strait all the time,daaam that felt good.
This has everything to do with your springs and struts, and stiffer control arm bushings than it does tubular stuff. Tubular parts are simply stronger and lighter, they don't actually improve your handling other than a slight improvement in front/rear weight bias.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Tubular parts are simply stronger and lighter, they don't actually improve your handling other than a slight improvement in front/rear weight bias.

Are you kidding??? Yeah some dont do anything for handling but those are for drag racing only. Griggs and MM's K members and A arms will make your car handle like a go kart when properly configured. It is all about geometry and yeah most junk brands just replicate the stock K's geometry but are made of lighter meterials but a real quality piece has a lot more to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread