Anyone need a 90 mm mass air sensor?

Speedfreak

Established Member
Why ya going back to stock?
I'm stock right now, and dream about 90 mm maf, chips, jdm, php.

I just got my 99.5 L, and have so many options I'm going crazy!

Whats the going price, I'd be interested....

PS, anyone out there have advice for a "stock" guy like me who is looking for the first add ons?

Later all............

smilin jack

Established Member
Hey Speedfreak, how ya doin? Welcome to the world of "Never Fast Enuf"! Standard refrain for stock guys is Chip & Filter to start. If I might offer some advice it would be to get a chip from some 'Lightning experienced' local tuner if at all possible. There are some very good "tuners" on this site (JDM,JL,PSP,etc. etc.) but if you want to tune Her "real time" you'll need someone to plug in a laptop and go for a spin to check and test all parameter settings and retune for new mods. There are a bunch of chips available and i believe one is as good as the other. Superchips, Diablo Sport chips, PSP chips, Autologic chips are a few of the more popular ones (don't mean to exclude anybody??) but the true performance is in the "Tuner" who adjusts the settings. I myself use an Autologic chip that I got from Alternative Auto in Mt. Clemens who, by the way, does all my tuning changes. If you use an out of state tuner you have to mail the chip back and forth which( to me) is an inconvenience. Remember, many of the mods you WILL be adding will require a reburn on the chip!
The Filter..... most of us get away from the stock filter box right away. You will want to get a 12" K&N cone filter that bolts right on the MASS AIR Meter. Before you invest in this you should determine whether or not your going to go to a Larger MASS AIR Meter (like maybe a ProM 80mm or a '01-'02 90mm) which will require a different size filter. Regardless of which you choose to do it will make a significant difference in both performance and supercharger db's. Start reading and asking lots of questions (one at a time) and pretty soon you'll be telling us what we should do!! Anyway, enjoy your new machine. Hope to see ya at the track next year...............jack

lightning Jeff

Established Member
speedfreak,
Do you have a cux1 or the updated cux2 computer on your 99? I know of some go fast parts for ya. Good to see another Michigan guy here.
Jeff

Speedfreak

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the great replies, you guys are making it really hard on me (and my wallat) to keep my baby in storage for the winter months. I am hopefully getting her back this week, as the dealorship is putting a new dash in it after the lights behind the cluster went out on her maiden voyage ....at least it's on their dime.

Jeff, give me some magic phone numbers to a place where I can updated computer stuff, and will I be out of commission for long? I am thinking a chip, maf, and a K & N cone (thanks Jack!). What do you guys recommend? A 01-02 90mm, or proM 80mm?

In any case, have a safe driving winter, see you all on the streets in a few months!

Users who are viewing this thread