Anyone near Knoxville?

SVT Watson

Established Member
I want know until feb's schedule is out because saturdays always rotate. However any dry sunday is a done deal, it's the only day the company is shut down. If I knew for sure the28th was the day I could be off but I would have to give notice. So let us know. The dragon sounds like the thing to do!

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Ok Guys...where are we on this one?

Everyone still up for the 28th? Or does the 29th look better?

Who's on point? FastOzzy?

I think some said Sunday was better. Doesn't matter to me.

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
Everyone still up for the 28th? Or does the 29th look better?

28th (Sat) is better for me, the best times to go as far as traffic/law enforcement is concerned is before 10am or after 4pm.

Who's on point? FastOzzy?[/B]

No, FastOzzy said on a prevoius post on this thread that he doesn't like to drive the dragon fast in a car, too many bikes. I was up there 2 Saturdays ago and I saw like 5-6 cars the whole trip up and back down, and not a single bike. There was still a little salt in some of the corners though...not a big problem unless they re-salted last weekend.

I just got some new Nitto 555 extremes, so I'm ready to try them out. I'll lead us through if nobody else wants to, I've been to the dragon 3 times in the past year...if someone else ends up going that is more experienced or faster (not that I'm that experienced OR fast...believe me!), they can take the lead.

It works itself out and the faster cars end up in front with the slower cars trailing behind.

If we can get a few guys from this board to 100% commit, I'll see if I can track down a few Cobra owners in the Knoxville area that I ran the dragon with last year that may be interested.

SO, SATURDAY, FEB.28th....and possibly meet somewhere around 12:00-1:00pm to eat prior to, then take off at 2:00 , that would give us 4 hrs of daylight, plenty of time.

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED AS REPLYS COME IN.................

SVTPERFORMANCE.COM
-------------------------------------
98 Yeller' SVT - definately IN !! (98 Cobra)
Copperhead - definately IN !! (03 Cobra)
TrophyCar - definately IN !! ("single lady that needs a ride")
BlackVnm(AF24)- pending.......
OkiedokieRidge - ?
SVT 03 Cobra - ?
TNstangman - ?
FoMoCodave - ?
Andrew 03 - ?
SlammedSVT - ?

HIGHPERFORMANCETOYS.COM
Fast_SVT - definately IN !! (SVT Lightning)
Mrs. Hazman - definately IN !! (04 Z06)
M.Ousley - definately IN !! (sleeper V8 mustang)
TNturbo - ?
GKidd - ?
Coil99 - ?
Mad97Cobra - ?
Quick6 - ?
93Snake - ?
DSG03Mach - ?
BlownGT - ?

I have just personally PM'd 20 members of SVTperformance.com and Highperformancetoys.com, talk it up guys, we live within a few miles of the most coveted driving road on the eastern seaboard, people drive for thousands of miles from all over the country to experience this 11 mile stretch of road, and it's in our backyard!

Last edited:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
That time/date sounds terrific to me.

I've only driven it a couple of times (once in a 4x4) so I shouldn't lead. I should be near the back with the pintos:)

There may be some people on HighPerformanceToys.com that would go, but if we want to keep it SVTPerf.com only, there are only a few over there who are over here too.

Maybe Gkidd and SVTMadman?

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
There may be some people on HighPerformanceToys.com that would go

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking...I'll go post a "notice" post.

Maybe Gkidd and SVTMadman? [/B]

Cool, also TNturbo and Hazman! I'll PM them all.

Last edited:

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Who's on point?

Whoever has the Valentine One ...:p

Also, a few hand-held CB radios are not a bad idea, spread them throughout the group at intervals.

Last edited:

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
98 Yeller' SVT

Do you guys not want me there? I'm not on your list and I said I could make either day. If it's a Cobra owner's only, fine. Just say the word. If Dave is coming I'd still like to meet him for all the help he gave me with my alternator problem.

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
98 Yeller' SVT

Do you guys not want me there? I'm not on your list and I said I could make either day. If it's a Cobra owner's only, fine. Just say the word. If Dave is coming I'd still like to meet him for all the help he gave me with my alternator problem.

Oh man, my bad, I've been scrambling around all morning, your probably not the only one I left out....AHEM....the lovely Ms. TrophyCar will also be in attendance, Gents....so be sure to wash your filthy mugs that morning, :p

List edited.

p.s. nice avatar!

Last edited:

TrophyCar

Established Member
Originally posted by 98 Yeller' SVT
Oh man, my bad, I've been scrambling around all morning, your probably not the only one I left out....AHEM....the lovely Ms. TrophyCar will also be in attendance, Gents....so be sure to wash your filthy mugs that morning, :p

List edited.

p.s. nice avatar!

:beer: Thank you thank you. Although, I'm not lovely. LOL And forget washing the faces . . . just wash the cars so there's no chance of scratching the paint with dirt. Somebody bring a camera??? ;-)

and BTW, thanks on the avatar. I need a new one.

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
Hey 98 Yeller' SVT
I am over here now also. 28th or 29th either one I will probably be there. Pretty much decided not to do the drag day thing in SC. Drag racing is fun but the DRAGON is the DRAGON!!:D

I have added Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plates, torqe arm, panhard bar, adjustable lower control arms, H&R race springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables, all urethane bushings, under drive pullies, H-pipe, CAI, 4-point rollbar, Simpson 5-point harnesses, and Konig seats since our last trip up the Dragon. I want to run in the fast group this time instead of the "medium" group!!!:rockon:

You would not mind if the wife brings her new toy out to play on the Dragon would you? 2004 Machine Silver Corvette Z06:thumbsup:

Where do you folks want to meet up for lunch??

Last edited:

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by Hazman
Pretty much decided not to do the drag day thing in SC. Drag racing is fun but the DRAGON is the DRAGON!!

Yes, there is only ONE dragon....man I love that road, I think I may need counseling.

I have added Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plates, torqe arm, panhard bar, adjustable lower control arms, H&R race springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables, all urethane bushings, under drive pullies, H-pipe, CAI, 4-point rollbar, Simpson 5-point harnesses, and Konig seats since our last trip up the Dragon. [/B]

Okay, rub it in why don't you?

All I have added is Steeda sport springs, MM K member brace, and Nitto 555 extremes...

I want to run in the fast group this time instead of the "medium" group!!![/B]

Uhhh, yeah right, I was the yellow 98 with side exhaust that ran with the "medium" group you lead last year with the SCMC. Member me? The guy in the back of the pack bouncing off the rev limiter trying to keep up?

What we may end up doing is letting you lead the "fast" group and me or someone else lead a "medium" group if we have enough cars. We will figure it out over lunch. No biggie, this isn't really an organized event like the SCMC group last year....we are just locals "winging it".

note: I kept up though dammit! HaHa.

You would not mind if the wife brings her new toy out to play on the Dragon would you? 2004 Machine Silver Corvette Z06 [/B]

Man, talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight....
If she can drive it she can't come, if she can't drive it she is invited....Just joking, of course she is welcome!!!

Where do you folks want to meet up for lunch?? [/B]

I'm thinking somewhere around the airport in Maryville around 1:00 would be the best way to go, I know the way up from there, it's really alot shorter, a better drive, and WAY less traffic.

Leaving from Gatlinburg is an option but you miss one of the best roads going that way, Calderwood Hwy, that runs along the lake and dam, its a smooth, sweeping 10-15 mile road that is very easy to run quickly on. When you go through Gatlinburg, foothills parkway just kinda dumps you off right before the dragon and you miss it. Plus, we ain't exactly goin' to admire the pretty leaves, hehheh!

As far as where to eat, my vote goes to "Up the Creek", it's a very reasonably priced seafood place just to the left of "the split" after you pass the airport on your right.

But I'm open to other suggestions in that area.....

By the way, track down TnTurbo and see if he is interested, I PM'd him with no response...and what about the cop in our group last year with the Shelby Cobra replica? It might be handy to have him around, if you know what I mean...

Last edited:

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Here is the list. I will updated as replys come in, this thing is growin' nicely guys, keep up the good work.

Dragon Run: Sat. Feb.28th, meeting in Maryville (Alcoa) for lunch at 1:00 @ Up the Creek Fish Camp & Grill
352 Fountain View Circle
Alcoa, TN 37701
865-977-4244 website:http://www.upthecreekfishcamp.com/html/index.shtml

Here is the "dragon link" for High performance toys.com......http://www.highperformancetoys.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9328&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

THE website: http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

SVTPERFORMANCE.COM
-------------------------------------
(1) 98 Yeller' SVT - definately IN !! (98 Cobra)
(2) Copperhead - definately IN !! (03 Cobra)
(3) TrophyCar - definately IN !! (single lady that..."needs a ride")
BlackVnm(AF24)- pending
OkiedokieRidge - ?
SVT 03 Cobra - ?
TNstangman - ?
FoMoCodave - ?
Andrew 03 - ?
SlammedSVT - ?

HIGHPERFORMANCETOYS.COM ______________________
(4) D_Allan - definately IN !! (03 Cobra)
(5) SVTMadman - definately IN !! (03 Cobra)
(6) Hazman - definately IN !! (97 Cobra)
(7) Nordi - definately IN !! (96 Cobra)
(8) Fast_SVT - definately IN !! (SVT Lightning)
(9) Cobraman302- definately IN !! (2000 GT)
(10) Mrs. Hazman - definately IN !! (04 Z06)
(11) M.Ousley - definately IN !! (sleeper V8 mustang)
TNturbo - ?
GKidd - ?
Coil99 - ?
Mad97Cobra - ?
Quick6 - ?
93Snake - ?
DSG03Mach - ?
BlownGT - ?

Last edited:

TrophyCar

Established Member
Can someone give me an address near where we're meeting so I can get some directions? Figure out just how early I gotta roll outta bed? LOL I know it's at least two hours for me.

And Hahahahahha :lol: at your comment about me. The Altima can handle the curves. It's what I've designed her to do, but let's face it, I just don't think a 2.4L is gonna be able to keep up. Sorry. :(

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
Can someone give me an address near where we're meeting so I can get some directions? (

Regardless of where we decide to eat, the jumping off point will be within a mile or two of McGee/Tyson airport.

TrophyCar

Established Member
Thanks. I was planning to go up the new I-26 extension, but I can't get directions from there; it's not on the maps yet. lol Looks like 2.5 hours for me. At least I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn! lol Thanks for including me in the get-together.

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
Up the Creek Fish Camp & Grill
352 Fountain View Circle
Alcoa, TN 37701
865-977-4244

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread