Anyone near Clermont FL?

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
What's up everyone I was just curious to see if anyone lives in Clermont or close to it in Central FL? I'm going to be moving there by the beginning of 2014 with my gf and her family. I'll be getting my own apt over there since they are building their house.

I went to Clermont once and took a day to adjust but I could definitely see myself living there. It's a completely different atmosphere from NJ. Plus I saw 2 cobras on the Florida Turnpike :rockon:. I don't mind having the top down all year round as opposed to snow.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I live in Clermont.
South Lake county especially Clermont is a very nice area.
Was one of the Cobras you saw a black vert?

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
Nice!! Yeah I did see a black vert. I think I actually have a picture of it on my phone. I saw it on the turnpike heading towards clermont so it might've been you. The area is beautiful compared to NJ so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I don't mind top down weather all year round. :banana:

Any good trustworthy mechanics near you? If so, let me know and I'll make sure I write them down so when I do bring the cobra down there I know who to take it to. I'm not driving it to FL though I may have it shipped down there.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice!! Yeah I did see a black vert. I think I actually have a picture of it on my phone. I saw it on the turnpike heading towards clermont so it might've been you. The area is beautiful compared to NJ so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I don't mind top down weather all year round. :banana:

Any good trustworthy mechanics near you? If so, let me know and I'll make sure I write them down so when I do bring the cobra down there I know who to take it to. I'm not driving it to FL though I may have it shipped down there.

That was probably me on the TP.
Clermont is nice. I lived in S NJ as a kid. Not going back.
As far a mechanics go Jake Lamatta at Lamatta Performance is on the the top mustang mechanics in the country. He is in Longwood about a 30-45 from Clermont.
Justin at VMP Tuning is the only person who tunes my car. He is in Deltona about an hour away.
I am at 720/680 on E85.
There is a 1/4 mile track on the east side of town and a nice 1/8 mile in Lakeland.
When you get here let me know.
We can grab a beer and talk cars.
Welcome to Florida!

BTW: Post the pic!

Last edited:

10sec89

Established Member
Clermont is my half way to Orlando. It's nice there. I think you will have the top up for several months during the summer, unless you like melting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread