Anyone making it to tx2k17 ?

4a7191a

Established Member
It's going to be March 16-19th this year.

Local mustang guys to me will be running, one should be in the 8's and it's still a street car. Local ctsv will be there too. Believe he trapped 147 last time he ran. Hope some of the domestics whip up on the gtr's this year.
For sure a dsm will be doing just that. Kinda domestic being that the were built in Illinois :)

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I'll be there again for the street action with my 1000whp Cobra. Last year I broke a rod racing a TT Coyote on the street so hoping for better luck this year. My buddy Jake is going to run the roll race and streets with his worlds fastest 5th gen 1400+whp Viper. Some buddies are towing down also with a couple EVO's and a 700+ whp Audi.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
It's going to be March 16-19th this year.

Local mustang guys to me will be running, one should be in the 8's and it's still a street car. Local ctsv will be there too. Believe he trapped 147 last time he ran. Hope some of the domestics whip up on the gtr's this year.
For sure a dsm will be doing just that. Kinda domestic being that the were built in Illinois :)
who has a 8 sec mustang down here?

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
I kinda lost interest in it once it became a GTR circle jerk.

I thought it was a TT Lambo cj. Either way nothing I own makes enough power to event be relevant in any facet of the event, so I'll continue to live vicariously through the internet.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Bobby Underwood from Black Mamba Speed in Pasadena has an 8 sec street coyote he'll be out with. Just posted the track video from last night this morning.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'll be there tomorrow for the test and tune, then back Saturday for the Street Car class and the Stick Shift Challenge. No point in the roll race as you better be 1500whp+ to be competitive.

I'm thinking of just turning up the boost to stupid levels if I can get the tires to grab. If she blows, she blows. I really want to change the block before the fall Texas Mile anyway so screw it.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
1320 Video is the official media for the event.

There is a live stream available too. I posted the link in my other thread.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I'll be there again for the street action with my 1000whp Cobra. Last year I broke a rod racing a TT Coyote on the street so hoping for better luck this year. My buddy Jake is going to run the roll race and streets with his worlds fastest 5th gen 1400+whp Viper. Some buddies are towing down also with a couple EVO's and a 700+ whp Audi.
Saw you leaving for it I bet, Mcdonalds parking lot Tuesday morning. Damn nice car on the trailer. G/L down there

Users who are viewing this thread