Anyone make good money off of Ebay?

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Maybe I just got hooked, but I just sold a cople of things I would never use again on ebay for like $200. Now Im all into looking for garage sales, getting something for a good deal, and selling it on ebay! Any die-hard "Ebayers" in here? Any strategies for bidding on things or selling things? Finding things to sell?

-Moto

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Lately the last sec bidders have become a pain in the ass for me. So I keep note of when the auctions I'm bidding on is going to end, that way I can keep an eye on it. I've lost multiple auctions in the last min, with the winner beating me by <=$1.00.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I bought a GT-40 intake for $325 and sold it for $500 on ebay. I pieced together a mass air conversion for a 86-88 mustang 5.0 for around $200 and sold it for $500.

Car parts are great for selling on ebay if you don't mind shipping.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Yep you just have to have a good product.
I've thought about the whole going to garage sales thing. But you have to wake up early for those cause the old people are there first thing in the morning. And i'm not doing that. Plus most of it is all junk and they want probably as much as you can sell it for on ebay.
Like my roommates gf had one last weekend and i was like cool lemme see what i can take and then try to sell on ebay. But it was all crap really. Although she did make some $$$.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
I'm not a seller but I am a buyer.

....and one of the mean, evil, sneaky, low-down spineless, Last-Minute Auction Thieves people love to hate....(Yankees fan..yeah that's it, too). My handle is "rides_the_lightning" there.

I've been known to "steal" items worth hundreds of dollars from others.....strange, my feedback is flawless and I have paid for all my items in a timely manner.:dw: My "sneakiest" win was a 2001 autograph-cut baseball card of Casey Stengel sniped with 1 second left on the Bid Clock...(heheh).

Look in the Message Boards under Community Forums on eBay. "The Bidding Board" has good information on bidding styles/strategies that work for people who have very competitive views on bidding.

People will generally be honest and pay what they think an item is worth, but there are always the ones who are trying to get something for cheap.....so look and see what similar items are selling for in Closed Auction History (you have to be a registered member to view).

Slobra

Established Member
I buy and sell.. Mainly buy for our business since you can get printer toners, PC parts, printers, etc so much cheaper. Also find some good deals on home audio parts too.

Now I have a good friend in Boston that only sells on ebay. He goes to a surplus store and buys everything.. Then turns around and sell on ebay. He has sold over 100,000 light bulbs on ebay (buys them for 25 cents and sells for 3-4 dollars).. He has bought treadmills for 50, sold for 400. But he is ALWAYS packing boxes, taking stuff to fedex, etc, etc and deals with a lot of crooks that try to get free stuff.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Yes Zach is the addict, but I am not complaining in the least, we make decent money for extras through ebay, and makes it easier for me to stay home with our children.

Users who are viewing this thread