Anyone make an off road pipe that mates to Kooks L/T?

RSAGT500

Established Member
I was thinking about just punching the cats out. The only issue is that i'm in the military and could get stationed somewhere that has emissions testing and they are expensive to replace. That being said the Kooks O/R pipe is expensive. Anyone else make one that mates up to the kooks l/t that is cheaper?

brandonflood123

Established Member

i think what hes implying is the kooks headers are not a true full length header. they are inbetween shortys and longs. they are a mid length header. none the less. these headers are still quality and make really good power gains. ive always ran kooks. but to answer your question. becuase the length of the headers i belive you have to use the kooks mid pipe to make it work.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i think what hes implying is the kooks headers are not a true full length header. they are inbetween shortys and longs. they are a mid length header. none the less. these headers are still quality and make really good power gains. ive always ran kooks. but to answer your question. becuase the length of the headers i belive you have to use the kooks mid pipe to make it work.

This is correct, we can also get you the off road legs (the straight tube that replaces the cats) and I believe they are just over $200 IIRC, would just have to confirm with Kooks, so if you're interested in doing that we can check on that for you. Just give us a call and we'll get you taken care of with the legs.

Your other option is to take it to an exhaust shop and have them make something for you from aluminized steel.

Thanks.

Last edited:

brandonflood123

Established Member
This is correct, we can also get you the off road legs (the straight tube that replaces the cats) and I believe they are just over $200 IIRC, would just have to confirm with Kooks, so if you're interested in doing that we can check on that for you. Just give us a call and we'll get you taken care of with the legs.

You're other option is to take it to an exhaust shop and have them make something for you from aluminized steel.

Thanks.

thats intresting i didnt know you could just sell the part with or without the cats on it. i just purchased some for my car. and it has a catted x pipe thats been hollowed out. idk if it will make a diffrence or not or should i get the strait pipes to replace the hollowed cats. im going off road anyways but if it makes a diffrence or not it would be nice to have the right set up

RSAGT500

Established Member

Your other option is to take it to an exhaust shop and have them make something for you from aluminized steel.

Thanks.
Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread