anyone make a frankenstien clutch?

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I put the spec 3+ in my car and i since i dont really race the car, i do miss the somewhat mushy pedal feel from the stock. The relatively certain on/off action you get is kind of a pain when your sitting in rushour traffic. I have a new 03/04 clutch but i cant use it due to a 26 spline input shaft. Any ideas on how it would pan out by swapping the pressure plate out for the stock one??

Anyone ever done this or something along the same lines?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Should be no problem swapping the pressure plate, as far as it working. The problem is that the "on/off action" is caused by the puck style friction disc - not the pressure plate itself. You could end up with a grabby clutch setup, that can't hold as much torque as what you have now...

Tractionless1

Established Member
Your sig. says you have a new clutch kit for sale. Why not reinstall it? If you don't race it you don't need a clutch to hold that 2.3L power at the track with slicks etc. The stocker will do just fine spinning the tires all around town.

QMSolutions

When fast isn't enough!
Established Member
Your sig. says you have a new clutch kit for sale. Why not reinstall it? If you don't race it you don't need a clutch to hold that 2.3L power at the track with slicks etc. The stocker will do just fine spinning the tires all around town.

26 spline input shaft???? To the O.P. You should be just fine with the set-up mentioned. I'm sure you want the best of both worlds. You should be fine for the occasional track use and good streetability with your plans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread