Anyone looking to adopt a dog? 45 to be euthanized Friday

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
I normally wouldn't post about rescue here, but I am trying to get some of these dogs into rescues to save them, 45 dogs will be euthanized at this shelter on friday, if you can adopt even one of them that would be huge!

Not all dogs are pictured, but I will attach the shelters website so you can see some of the dogs that are available, and if you want to adopt one, but are too far away, I am in rescue transport and can contact coordinators to try and get the dog delivered to you, please help if you can.

This is the shelter website (for contact & pictures of some of the dogs)
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/KY125.html

PLEASE look in our URGENT folder and see if you can help with any of them!! 18 are PUPPIES

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Located in Ravenna, Kentucky, the Estill County Animal Shelter serves 5 local counties, employing only an animal warden & one part-time worker, and they both put in over full-time hours! This shelter has a very high kill rate, euthanasias are scheduled weekly due to the lack of space and poor condition of many of the animals that are brought in. This facility has ten indoor all-weather kennels, three quarantine kennels, a cat "room", and ten covered indoor/outdoor kennels. Animals are generally given 5-7 days to be found, adopted, rescued, or euthanized. This myspace was created in order to bring awareness and hopefully unite loving, wonderful people to adopt dogs that just won't have a chance. There are no second chances to adopt these dogs... if it says ONE day left, if the dog is not "commited" or "pulled" from the shelter by 3 PM on the day stated, it will be put to sleep. Always remember that adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment that involves more than just puppy kisses, fetch, and long walks... it is an investment in the life of the pet you bring into your home and a promise that you will both be bettered by the decision to add a dog or cat to your family! Adoption fees are between 15-28$, with special cases being free or reduced.

CobraSusie

Established Member
several dogs were dumped at this rescue again today,
so some have fallen off of the list :( guessing the pics will be updated soon
with the new babies in need

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
i wish i could adopt all animals of the world. i'm doing my part in the next few weeks, i'm adopting a male pit instead of getting one from a breeder.

nhancedsvt

Established Member
i would love to help out but unfortunately i don't move into my new house until august, which is when i will be looking to get a dog. i hope someone can help. those 2 english setters are pretty dogs and they need a good home as well as the others!!!

CobraSusie

Established Member
i wish i could adopt all animals of the world. i'm doing my part in the next few weeks, i'm adopting a male pit instead of getting one from a breeder.
always a good thing, congrats! I am trying to move and get these guys placed not to mention some getting put down tomorrow, trying to literally (buy) them more time :nonono:

CobraSusie

Established Member
:nonono:people are soo irresponsible
and breaders suck the only thing they care about is making money:mj:

there are (some) good breeders out there, I like when they rescue as well,
meaning the buyer can bring the puppy or dog back when it doesn't work,
and they don't go into shelters.

it does make me sick the ones who breed just for the money, it should be about perfecting the breed, and selling to responsiible people, which I know won't happen even if they all seem to be good people.

but we stay busy trying to do what we can, foster them, rescue them, transport them, and it takes alot of energy, we get dogs dropped on our doorstep, but we take them and place them, I am sure he will get nervous when we get move into the new house next week, but I have to do what I do best, save the Dogs! :rockon:

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
wow. :( Allen county here in Ohio has a no-kill policy. It's sad to see that the idea isn't more widespread.

CobraSusie

Established Member
wow. :( Allen county here in Ohio has a no-kill policy. It's sad to see that the idea isn't more widespread.
alot of areas are trying to do this, but there are so many animals in need, hopefully it will catch on, would be nice, I wake up and read my rescue emails and man it is depressing, but I am one person, can't save them all, but save who i can :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread