Anyone looking for a new Ford GT?

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
If anyone is looking for a new Ford GT, the dealer I always deal with just got one in. It stickers at I believe it was $167K. They are only asking $175K for it. It has all options available. The car is bright red with white stripes. Mileage is 7.1, I checked it this morning. If you are interested or know someone interested, please PM me and I will send you all the contact info you need. Dealer name, salesman to contact, etc.

Nordi

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
If I had $175K I'd be all over it. For what the car is, that's a good deal! Better than paying $210K for a $160K car....but the new C6 Z06 is taking a HUGE chunk out of the Ford GT, Viper SRT-10, and so on....it's gonna be hard to sell that Ford GT now. Maybe if I wait long enough I can trade the Cobra straight up for a Ford GT, LOL!

-Mike

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That sounds like a deal. Six months ago my dad would have been all over it but I think he is gonna try and get his hands on a new Z06 instead :burnout:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
SALEENstang96 said:
If I had $175K I'd be all over it. For what the car is, that's a good deal! Better than paying $210K for a $160K car....but the new C6 Z06 is taking a HUGE chunk out of the Ford GT, Viper SRT-10, and so on....it's gonna be hard to sell that Ford GT now. Maybe if I wait long enough I can trade the Cobra straight up for a Ford GT, LOL!

-Mike
How about instead of waiting you just trade for an LTD?
it's like a GT, I mean, it has an engine, wheels, headlights... yeah, headlights that's right!
ummm, a 'T' in the name....

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
SALEENstang96 said:
...but the new C6 Z06 is taking a HUGE chunk out of the Ford GT, Viper SRT-10, and so on....it's gonna be hard to sell that Ford GT now. Maybe if I wait long enough I can trade the Cobra straight up for a Ford GT, LOL!

-Mike

Um, not at all. If you are really honestly considering buying a C6 Z06 instead of buying a Ford GT, you weren't really ever considering actually buying a Ford GT at all.

Hell, why don't we cancel all Lambos, Ferraris, Astons? Not only is the Z06 faster, but if you put the extra 100k into mods you could have a supercharged TT 427 N20 900rwhp Z06 with a drm suspension blah blah blah...

inteller

Established Member
SALEENstang96 said:

-Mike

yeah but at the end of the day you'd have a Ford GT....and some schmo would have a Chevy.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
I don't see how anyone could even compare a new Z06 to the GT :nonono: They are a TOTALLY different class of car. I mean, I sat in this car and it was an instant woody :bowdown: I got in a new Z06 and was more like :( compared to the GT. The feeling of the GT tells you taht you are in something that will haul MAJOR a$$ :rockon:

If anyone is interested though, let me know.

Nordi

cobraracer46

Banned
Nordi said:
If anyone is looking for a new Ford GT, the dealer I always deal with just got one in. It stickers at I believe it was $167K. They are only asking $175K for it.
Gee, they are only asking $175k and it's "only" a $8k mark up :kaboom:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
DBK said:
Um, not at all. If you are really honestly considering buying a C6 Z06 instead of buying a Ford GT, you weren't really ever considering actually buying a Ford GT at all.

Hell, why don't we cancel all Lambos, Ferraris, Astons? Not only is the Z06 faster, but if you put the extra 100k into mods you could have a supercharged TT 427 N20 900rwhp Z06 with a drm suspension blah blah blah...

+1

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Gee, they are only asking $175k and it's "only" a $8k mark up :kaboom:

if i remember right most are selling-or should i say not selling- for 100k over sticker.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I've been watching their prices drop on Ebay, not that I could afford one anyway. It seems the reserves are still high but most top out under $170K with 20 or so bids. Some even show the reserve and/or buy it now prices being lowered. I've also seen sellers stating they might contact the highest bidder and make a deal if it does not make the reserve. Any with higher starting prices just don't get any bids.
The GT is still my lottery car! Even if I won a new Z06 I'd sell it and put the cash away. I'd rather wait for a GT.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yeah, someone who has been stolen from another brand by the Z06 was never looking at a GT in the first place, just like someone looking at a GT wasn't about to buy a Carrera GT and decided to buy that instead. The Z06 will be stealing sales from the Viper, while the GT steals buyers from Ferrari's F430 and the Gallardo.

Users who are viewing this thread