Anyone Live Near or Have A Wedding in South Florida (Treasure Island, St. Pete, etc)

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Fiance and I are looking to have our wedding on the beach sometime next May-ish. We've looked at some of the wedding planning/event websites and think we've found a good one, but was wondering if anyone knows anything about this kind of stuff. Seems like we have a lot of Florida members on here so I figured I'd ask. We're talking with a company called SimpleFloridaWeddings right now. Seems like a decent price for an all inclusive wedding on the beach and they have good reviews on multiple sites, etc. We still don't know much about the area though...

1. Best hotels/resorts for a 1-week stay
2. What's there to do around there besides going to the beach

My brother has a condo down there so we might stay another week at the condo for free. That's one of the reasons for choosing this location. I've been near there once and like it and have been to Panama City Beach twice and thought it was pretty fun (too young to really enjoy the most of it though). Anyways, hoping that some of you live near or around here and can help us figure out some things to do while we're there! Thanks :beer:

On another note...here's to hoping we can get a flight to ATL with a good 5-6 hour layover. We'd both love to go to the aquarium there!

Sirraf

Established Member
I lived there for a while. Those beaches suck and I would highly recommend going to Siesta Key in Sarasota. Its about an hour drive south of St. Pete and well worth it. You will actually pass by Bradenton on the way there. Siesta key was once the top beach in the U.S. in 2012 I believe.

SiestaKeyAerialView.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread