Anyone know where to buy oil cooler o rings?

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Took it in to the mechanic. He said that the gasket to the engine block was shot and also the o rings inside the oil cooler were shot as well. I told him to go ahead and replace my tensioner and he said he didn't want to mess with removing the EGR tube because they are hard to find. Do you have to remove the EGR tube to change the tensioner?

Btw he said the Oring kit was good that I got. He wanted to know where I sourced it from because he can never find all the orings for a complete oil cooler rebuild.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
If you mean the serpentine belt tensioner, no you don't touch anything related to the EGR system. I removed mine and just replaced the pulley since the tensioner arm itself was perfectly fine. The EGR tube runs from the drivers side of the intake manifold down the back of the engine to the exhaust manifold, its nowhere near the belt tensioner.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you mean the serpentine belt tensioner, no you don't touch anything related to the EGR system. I removed mine and just replaced the pulley since the tensioner arm itself was perfectly fine. The EGR tube runs from the drivers side of the intake manifold down the back of the engine to the exhaust manifold, its nowhere near the belt tensioner.

This has me confused as well.

josephcostello

Established Member
I found extra o rings for the oil cooler when I had to replace mine, if anyone needs some and can't get them pm me

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread