Anyone know this DSG Term?

iliveanddie

Established Member
Tad hi on the price but I just got my terminator with 42k and everything has been fine. Its even got a pulley and exhaust already

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
40k isint "high" per say, but im looking for a low mileage cobra to dd.

look at the ones with over 50k miles, they dont sell for over 18k at dealers. there is one for 15k locally, with 70k miles.

nothing wrong with driving your cars, but people dont seem to pay for em after a certain point. just my observation, and i look everyday in oregon, wa and california for like 3-4 months.

i might go check it out though, im sure that price isint in stone. market for cars isint the best i dont think.

tyler, id buy his car, except ive got a trade. i already asked him awhile back if we could maybe work something out.

vr4_007

Established Member
look at the ones with over 50k miles, they dont sell for over 18k at dealers. there is one for 15k locally, with 70k miles.

If its the yellow one I would stay away. I called the guy and spoke with him, and it was not a good experience for me. The guy seemed a little shady to me and it was not until I told him that I would be coming from Spokane did he disclose that they replaced the 2-4 syncros, amongst other things.

To stay honest though, he did also assure me that it would pass a compression and leak down test with out any problems.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Mine had 48K mile in 18 months, no issues, other than eating a tranny on Chuckanut while racing. Of course, it was HIGHLY modded when I traded it in. It must've scared the new owner cause it NEVER gets seen out on the road. The guy bought it without a test drive and it had street tires on it at the time of delivery. Hell, I remember smoking those same street tires to 140 on I-5 so I can imagine what this poor slob was in for. It was wearing Hoosiers for a reason on the spare rears.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Ah Pete, ya never met my car. Ask Will or any of the others about it. It wasn't a normal Cobra. You could look in the rearview and see two black marks to 140 or so with Toyo T1-S's on. She was a beast. The first three gears were useless with street tires. Even MT DR's were worthless in first which is why I had to go to Hoosiers on the car to play.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Kilometers of course. People up in Mount Vernon are so close to Canada ... MPH .. KPH .. what's the difference. =P

Charlie did have 4.10 gears and a posi installed so that aided some of the tire smoking abilities. Charlie is certifiably insane, so there was plenty of rubber spread throughout the local roads that's a fact.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Kilometers of course. People up in Mount Vernon are so close to Canada ... MPH .. KPH .. what's the difference. =P

Charlie did have 4.10 gears and a posi installed so that aided some of the tire smoking abilities. Charlie is certifiably insane, so there was plenty of rubber spread throughout the local roads that's a fact.

Oh ok. :beer:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I still miss that car but I don't miss replacing DR's every 1500 miles. As soon as I get the damned boat out the water, I'll be concentrating on the Brute or "Shrek" as one local called it. Looking forward to getting thrown off the track on the first N/A run, if they even let me run it.

Last edited:

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
Charlie was your old car a DSG with chrome rims? I saw one just like this today headin west on hwy 20 near La Conner and it looked bad ass:banana:
this one also had some stickers on the d/side quarter window too...

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
im sfill looking.. getting closer to finding one, some good prospects for sale lately. just trying to get past the mileage barrier.

ideal i want an oxford white 04 with chrome rims and black seat inserts modded with low miles at a dealer :shrug: ill settle for the low mile dealer part though if i have to :poke:

might even be this winter before i find another. then it will be more of a buyers market for me, no sunny drive bs to throw at me.

Users who are viewing this thread