Anyone know the Tremec recommendation for fluid fill for the T56?

DaveSVT03

Established Member
I just spoke to SVT about recommending the best fluid for the T56 transmission and they said that Tremec recommends something different than Ford and that it works better, but he couldn't officially recommend anything but the Ford fluid.

So, anyone know Tremec's recommendation?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by DaveSVT03
I just spoke to SVT about recommending the best fluid for the T56 transmission and they said that Tremec recommends something different than Ford and that it works better, but he couldn't officially recommend anything but the Ford fluid.

So, anyone know Tremec's recommendation?

There have been a number of allegations about Tremec's "recommendation", but when I called and spoke to one engineer there , he knew nothing of it. I say let's see a name of a specific person/title at TTC otherwise this is just Web gossip in my book.

P.S. Use Red Line D4 or MTL

DaveSVT03

Established Member
It may be gossip. But the guy at SVT told me that tremec had a different recommendation than Ford and I think he knew what he was talking about - he just couldn't officially say anything other than ford fluid. That's why he told me to take tremec's recommendation. However, I may just go with Redline and not worry about it.

SVT 03 Cobra

I run ridline D4, and 1/2 a bottle of Ford's friction modifier... talk about smooth out the shifts...it's amazing.

Jayson

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by DaveSVT03
It may be gossip. But the guy at SVT told me that tremec had a different recommendation than Ford and I think he knew what he was talking about - he just couldn't officially say anything other than ford fluid. That's why he told me to take tremec's recommendation. However, I may just go with Redline and not worry about it.

Dave:
Did you catch this?
http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/faq/faq.asp#14

Users who are viewing this thread