Anyone know the cost of a DYNOJET dynometer?

Dominick32

BANNED
The thread title speaks for itself.
I am just curious..

The cost of your average dyno if you were to purchase them for a shop or garage setup. I mean what are we looking at here? $10, $15K ??

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Ive heard everywhere from 30-50k. Dont know if this is true though. So I guess this is a useless post!

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
The price can get high fast when you take in account "options" for the dyno jet and the eddy current is an option for for real world load.
All in all when i spec'd them out a year ago it can get to around 50K pretty fast.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by stang99svt
The price can get high fast when you take in account "options" for the dyno jet and the eddy current is an option for for real world load.
All in all when i spec'd them out a year ago it can get to around 50K pretty fast.

damn!
thanks for the info guys.

BTW- I checked the dynojet website before I started this thread and couldnt find one single price on the whole damn site.

Dom

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Originally posted by Dominick32
damn!
thanks for the info guys.

BTW- I checked the dynojet website before I started this thread and couldnt find one single price on the whole damn site.

Dom

Maybe they figure that if you have to ask, you can't afford it. :shrug:

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by StngStr

Yo man. Are you insinuating something?

This thread was started for information purposes and so far we found 2 jerks with wise ass comments on the internet:

philip = maybe call Dynojet and ask

If your gonna say something not relevant dont even bother saying it.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I agree that if you call and ask for a price quote, they will give you one. Maybe pm one of the sponsors. I know the guy in my town paid well over 15K for his dyno.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
I agree that if you call and ask for a price quote, they will give you one. Maybe pm one of the sponsors. I know the guy in my town paid well over 15K for his dyno.

How do you guys feel about a DYNO Performance center with 3 Dynojet Rollers and a custom tuning center.

How do you guys think a business in that category would fare?

Basically two dyno's dedicated to dyno pulls all day long and a third dyno dedicated to custom tuning computers all day?

Its been an idea ive been pondering for some time now. I just dont think the money is really there.

Dom

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
A local shop I am working with recently bought a new 248c, and paid right at $12k-ish. No frills, just rollers, interface, and O2-on-a-stick wideband.

Installation is DIY, as is the computer that runs the thing.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
It would be cool if you could make a living off of it. Making a living by doing something you love and being around cars all day = :)

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
This thread was started for information purposes and so far we found 2 jerks with wise ass comments on the internet:

it looks like im one of thoes jerks....and it looks like you still dont know the answer to your question:loser: youve heard guesses from 15k to 50k. so why dont you do the smart thing and go straight to the source and get the price for what you want.:read: :idea:

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by philip
it looks like im one of thoes jerks....and it looks like you still dont know the answer to your question:loser: youve heard guesses from 15k to 50k. so why dont you do the smart thing and go straight to the source and get the price for what you want.:read: :idea:

very true. lol

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
How do you guys feel about a DYNO Performance center with 3 Dynojet Rollers and a custom tuning center.

How do you guys think a business in that category would fare?

Basically two dyno's dedicated to dyno pulls all day long and a third dyno dedicated to custom tuning computers all day?

Its been an idea ive been pondering for some time now. I just dont think the money is really there.

Dom

I think the it would be a cool idea, BUT the problem is it would take you a very long time to break even and by then it might be too late, you have to consider how many people are going to come dyno there cars? The scenarios of people who have money to modify cars and can afford it.

A) Teenagers they are about 50+% of market for aftermarket performance, problem is during they day they have school and not all of them have the funds to dyno tune their car frequently.

B) The rest of enthusiast work during the day, so relying on just dyno tuning is limited to a number of customers.

I seriously doubt you would need 3 Dynos, as I think it wouldnt get busy enough. Now if you worked on cars and sold parts then it would be a totally different story as you have other sources of income, but solely relying on Dynos wouldnt cut it. Now their is a way this could work, if you have enough speed shops around you, you could reach an agreement that they use your dyno, then you could get alot more business as every shop around you would just use you for their dyno tunes and sessions, but even then I think its a gamble. My worry is relying on just Dynos for your income, I mean it also depends on where you live? How many shops are their? Do they already have their own Dynos? Because say I get my car worked on at Franks Auto and he has a Dyno, I will have him do everything, im not going to have him work on it and then take it to you jsut to get it dynoed? You see what im saying? Its good you are asking opinions on here to see if their is a business out there and potential customers, also I would try to market towars the import crowd, as their are far more civics/accords/etc than mustangs. Let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread