Anyone know (or own) a good tint/clear bra shop in the Phoenix area?

farmboy90

Established Member
As the title says, I am looking for a good deal on window tint and a clear bra install in the Phoenix area. I am in the Gilbert/Chandler area.

Anyone know of a good reputable shop in the area?

I had my 2012 Boss done for about $700 or so. That included window tint and the clear bra, but that was done in New Mexico. Hopefully I can get a good deal here in town.

Thanks for any pointers!

cobra_bill

Established Member
I was going to take a look at these guys when my car comes in.

Smart Shield
3185 N. Colorado Street
Chandler, AZ 85225

cobra_bill

Established Member
I decided I wanted XPel film for the clear bra and they are a certified installer
and they also do window tinting with Hüper Optik film. I was going to see if I could get a package deal.

farmboy90

Established Member
Thanks Bill, great tip. I just checked out their website. I like that they give pricing online!

I'll call them tomorrow and ask about a package deal. And for the heck of it, I'll ask if we can get a deal if we both go there. Will let you know. :)

One concern I have though is about the stripes. I have a DIB blue with Black stripes coming. And those stripes are kind of matte in their finish. I am wondering if the bra will make the stripes look funny on the hood, since part of them will be shiny, and the unprotected portion will be matte.

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
Bill, I called Smart Shield today. Here is what I found out:

- They don't do window tint anymore. They recommended Danny's. I called Danny's, and they said it was $199 for their Formula One tint.
- I was looking at doing the hood, fender, mirror, grille, and bumper area. On their website, these are part numbers: P0523BD and P0523AP. The installed price is $580.
- He told me that if we both go in together, on the same day, he would give us a deal at $550 each. And he would also upgrade us to their XPel ultimate, which he said cost about 20% more.
- I have stripes on my car, and he said he would cut the film around the stripes. No extra charge.

What do you think? When do you get your car?

Last edited:

Soon to be SVT

Established Member
I have used Apex Tint for 4 of my own cars and they have been flawless. I have also sent several coworkers and friends there and they did perfect work each time. Can't recommend them enough.

farmboy90

Established Member
I have used Apex Tint for 4 of my own cars and they have been flawless. I have also sent several coworkers and friends there and they did perfect work each time. Can't recommend them enough.

They have a Living Social deal gong on now, but not sure what product that is for. What product did you use from them? According to their website, this is what they install:

Apex Tint installs only quality automotive window film from Llumar including:​

• ATC – High Performance Color Stable Dyed Film
  • ATR – High Performance Metal/Dyed Hybrid Film
  • AIR – High Performance Nano-Ceramic Clear Film(78% VLT) with 43% heat rejection
  • And the new CTX Series - Block the sun and NOT the electronic signals in all of the newer vehicles AND guarantees a maximum 60% heat rejection!
Which do you have experience with?

cobra_bill

Established Member
Bill, I called Smart Shield today. Here is what I found out:

- They don't do window tint anymore. They recommended Danny's. I called Danny's, and they said it was $199 for their Formula One tint.
- I was looking at doing the hood, fender, mirror, grille, and bumper area. On their website, these are part numbers: P0523BD and P0523AP. The installed price is $580.
- He told me that if we both go in together, on the same day, he would give us a deal at $550 each. And he would also upgrade us to their XPel ultimate, which he said cost about 20% more.
- I have stripes on my car, and he said he would cut the film around the stripes. No extra charge.

What do you think? When do you get your car?

This is the same coverage I had in mind also. When you say he will upgrade us to XPel ultimate, is that the same price or will it cost 20% more? My car won't have any stripes so no problems there.

My car was scheduled to build today and has an ETA of 7/29.

farmboy90

Established Member
This is the same coverage I had in mind also. When you say he will upgrade us to XPel ultimate, is that the same price or will it cost 20% more? My car won't have any stripes so no problems there.

My car was scheduled to build today and has an ETA of 7/29.

No, the upgrade is included in that price. He said he could do us both for $550 each AND include the upgrade to ultimate in that price. He said the difference was that nothing sticks to the ultimate stuff. Bugs, tar, etc apparently just wash right off. And he said it is "self healing".

My car won't come until end of August. So if this is something you want to do, let me know.

By the way, I still want to call Apex to see what they can offer. I tried several times today and got nothing but their voicemail, so I will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

topless10th

Established Member
Had x-pel ultimate installed a few weeks ago and I love it! The finish is actually slicker than the paint. If I knew then what I know now I would do the entire hood and fenders and you would never know it was there. My car has gloss stripes and the x-pel conceals the orange peel finish. I would make sure to get the a pillars and behind the rear wheels.

Myfast70

Established Member
No, the upgrade is included in that price. He said he could do us both for $550 each AND include the upgrade to ultimate in that price. He said the difference was that nothing sticks to the ultimate stuff. Bugs, tar, etc apparently just wash right off. And he said it is "self healing".

My car won't come until end of August. So if this is something you want to do, let me know.

By the way, I still want to call Apex to see what they can offer. I tried several times today and got nothing but their voicemail, so I will try again tomorrow.

I may also be interested in getting mine done. Only thing is that my delivery date is late September so we'll see.

Do you guys have any concern about long term discoloration of the paint underneath? My other thought is that if it does it's job and doesn't change the paint underneath the clear, the sun will naturally change the paint color slightly on the rest of the car. My worry is that if I have to remove down the road you will be able to tell that I had it on.

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
I may also be interested in getting mine done. Only thing is that my delivery date is late September so we'll see.

Do you guys have any concern about long term discoloration of the paint underneath? My other thought is that if it does it's job and doesn't change the paint underneath the clear, the sun will naturally change the paint color slightly on the rest of the car. My worry is that if I have to remove down the road you will be able to tell that I had it on.

The bra doesn't block any UV rays, so the paint under the bra will be affected as if the bra weren't there. So no worries there.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member

Shane's Tint and Clearbra is just north of Bell rd. on the east side of 91st ave. He has done at least 40-50 cars for my shop and the work has been perfect every time. You can also try Matt Stecker. His company is called "Shades." He is also the head installer for Penske Lamborghini/Bentley in Scottsdale during the week. He recently did two Ariel Atoms for me and his work is also outstanding.

JakeSpoon3

Established Member
I'm still waiting

Had x-pel ultimate installed a few weeks ago and I love it! The finish is actually slicker than the paint. If I knew then what I know now I would do the entire hood and fenders and you would never know it was there. My car has gloss stripes and the x-pel conceals the orange peel finish. I would make sure to get the a pillars and behind the rear wheels.

I'm in Kentucky also, but still waiting for delivery. Where did you go for the x-pel installation? I had my 11 GT500 for ONE WEEK...passed a semi on the interstate going to my dealer for the 500 mile torque tighten...and BAM...took a rock / gravel to the hood and right a pillar.

Users who are viewing this thread