Anyone know of a good local Transmission shop

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
lightninmike said:
oh no your fuct

I'm not so sure yet...MJ thinks the clutch is not disengauging at high RPM's, which might be the case......I dunno just yet, fun,fun,fun!

Dave

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Might be it, have you thought about the syncros? BTW, you disease free yet?

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
Might be it, have you thought about the syncros? BTW, you disease free yet?

Yes I have thought about the syncros being broke...I'm not getting any grinding on the street. It feels like I'm hitting a wall while trying to shift at WOT though. I plan on playing with the adjustment more before I go tearing the tranny out. I just talked to Bassin247 he had the same issue an it was the clutch not disengauging all the way...so back to the drawing board.

The psneumonia is getting better but I have developed pleurisy now :rolleyes: GO ME! thanks for asking...

Dave

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
go have a beer and stop whining about your health
and why would the clutch not disengage at high rpm? is engine speed holding it?

TTA89

Established Member
I keep reading this about the CFDF clutch users, looks like it needs to be adjusted perfect or it doesnt wanna go into gear when racing. What are you using for a quadrant?

My stock clutch engages perfectly, I'm dreading when It goes out.

If you find a tranny guy let me know, I want to upgrade the input shaft when I do my clutch and need to have someone with experience do the input shaft replacement, dial indicaters are not part of my tool collection and I want to make sure its done correctly.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
TTA89 said:
I keep reading this about the CFDF clutch users, looks like it needs to be adjusted perfect or it doesnt wanna go into gear when racing. What are you using for a quadrant?

My stock clutch engages perfectly, I'm dreading when It goes out.

If you find a tranny guy let me know, I want to upgrade the input shaft when I do my clutch and need to have someone with experience do the input shaft replacement, dial indicaters are not part of my tool collection and I want to make sure its done correctly.

Mike,

I use the UPR adjuster.....I'm going to talk to the guy's at Pro-built transmissions in Holbrook ma. Silver10th knows the people there, they have a pro street car and are big Centerforce guys.....hopfully I'll get this resolved.

O.T. are you going to the SCMC autocross next week? I think I might do that one I talked to Pat Madigan today about it.

Dave

TTA89

Established Member
Yep I will be at that Auto X along with a few other 03 guys. Sign up it should be a good time!

OT - Ran 11.6@120 with a 1.80 and 155 IAT2 temps tonight. Can't wait for my icebox and lower than 80 degree temps!! :coolman: :coolman:

Then tried to launch harder and the clutch slipped and then wouldn't let me in second. Let off, it went it and seems ok but probably time to order something. Booo :bash: :bash: Those MT Radials just bogged the car they hook so well!

The cool temps on the way home the car was just plain awesome, I can't wait for the fall!! :D

Last edited:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
SVT150 owns a couple of tranny shops in CT. I think they are around west haven. Pm him to find out exactly where

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
TTA89 said:
...I can't wait for the fall!! :D
I hear that. I'm going to take a few weekends off from school and make some passes with the cool air comming in. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread