Anyone know how to sign over a vehicle title to a new owner???

Tlayson23

Established Member
Very sorry I know this is in the wrong section, but it wont happen again I just need a quick answer and i know this section gets the most exposure.

I'm driving to Ohio tomorrow morning to trade my 350z for a mach 1, and we need to sign our titles over to eachother so that we can take it back home and have it transferred with no problems.

I've done this once before but forgot what sections on the back of the title i am supposed to fill out. I thought i only had to fill out the odometer reading, my name and signature, his name and signature, and have it notarized.

I tried to find a picture of a similar title online but can't find any. I thought i had this all figured out but after talking to a woman at the county clerks office i'm completely confused :shrug:

Once again very sorry, but if anyone can help me out i really need it.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Just read the back it'll tell you what to do. MAKE SURE YOU SIGN IN THE CORRECT PLACE. The guy I bought my car from signed in the wrong spot and crossed it out and the registry made me go through hell.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
The buyer is in Ohio right? I'm pretty sure you'll have to go to a Notary.

My friend has swapped cars a few times and they always go to a Notary or the BMV to get it official.

Tlayson23

Established Member
Just read the back it'll tell you what to do. MAKE SURE YOU SIGN IN THE CORRECT PLACE. The guy I bought my car from signed in the wrong spot and crossed it out and the registry made me go through hell.

Yea that's what i hear, i think if you mess up you have to apply for a new title wait 2-4 weeks for that and then fill it out again it's rediculous.

The buyer is in Ohio right? I'm pretty sure you'll have to go to a Notary.

My friend has swapped cars a few times and they always go to a Notary or the BMV to get it official.

Yea hes in Ohio, my girlfriends mom is a notary and his grandad is a notary so they'll sign it off for us when we get back.

I wasn't too worried about all this i just called the county clerks office to double check that i knew what i was doing, and this ladie started naming off all these forms that i needed and basically told me that i needed to fill out the entire backside of the title. Scared the hell out of me because im leaving early in the morning to trade vehicles

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Yea that's what i hear, i think if you mess up you have to apply for a new title wait 2-4 weeks for that and then fill it out again it's rediculous.

Mine wasn't 2-4 weeks, but I had to fill out a paper with the corrections on it, then faxed the guy I bought the car from that paper to have him sign it and he faxed it back, then have it notarized, then brought it back to the registry and hoped to god that they'd accept the fax:lol1:

Tlayson23

Established Member
Mine wasn't 2-4 weeks, but I had to fill out a paper with the corrections on it, then faxed the guy I bought the car from that paper to have him sign it and he faxed it back, then have it notarized, then brought it back to the registry and hoped to god that they'd accept the fax:lol1:

haha i'm gonna be extra careful cause i dont want any part of that

Btw thank you guys for the help i needed it

Users who are viewing this thread