Anyone know any GOOD graphics design companies or pretty decent themselves?

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
So what I'm wanting to do in my new place is take a few digital pictures I have (png files) and have them blown up and printed to a vinyl canvas to hang on my walls. Anyone know the best way of approaching this?

steve99

Established Member
I don't know of any in your area but would suggest you look up a sign company in your area and read some reviews. Most sign companies do this type of work and will let you work directly with the person doing the printing so you get what you want. I haven't personally had work done but I do IT work occasionally for a sign shop here which does do this type of work.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
If you do all the image editing even Kinkos can print large vinal posters. I've had to do that in a rush for trade shows when my pull up displays didn't arrive back in time from another show.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I don't know of any in your area but would suggest you look up a sign company in your area and read some reviews. Most sign companies do this type of work and will let you work directly with the person doing the printing so you get what you want. I haven't personally had work done but I do IT work occasionally for a sign shop here which does do this type of work.

I'm an IT/Engineering guy also but I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to photoshop, gimp or any of the other editing tools. Shits just not that fun to me.

Last edited:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
An experienced company will have software that allows large prints to be made from digital files without loss of sharpness. IIRC, the software uses fractal technology to accomplish this. They will usually want to work from TIF or JPG format, so ask before you do a lot of prework. Two places to ask are preview.com and fredmiranda.com

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Are their any shops near you that do car wraps? The printers and software are the same.

Quite a few. Just haven't looked at them. What I'm hoping for is a look similar to an oil painting on a vinyl canvas. I saw something similar when I was overseas last month and was wanting it duplicated but the guys didn't speak English.

Users who are viewing this thread