Anyone know any good banks?

Bleedsblue

Established Member
I live in the Boston area. I have a good job that pays 60K+, middle of the road credit (about 650 average) and a 2011 Ford Focus to trade or sell but I will probably brake even on it after the loan unless I sell it on my own and get good coin for it. I could probably come up with about 2-3k cash right now. I work for a blue oval Ford dealership and I have a d plan pin. I want to buy either a 11-12 gt or a 03-04 Cobra. I tried to get financed on a 11 GT about a month and a half ago but my credit was under 600 at the time. I don't want have my credit run 50 times again by the dealer and get rejected. I just want to find a credit union on my own. My dealership has a 2012 GT with all the options that I want coming in in beginning of September but I feel like I am missing the whole summer driving around in a f****ing Focus and then the winter will be here again and I'll have to pack it up for 8 months. I may just pick up a used Lancer EVO for the rest of the summer and the winter and then trade it in in the spring for the GT. Any thoughts? Banks? Credit unions?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I live in the Boston area. I have a good job that pays 60K+, middle of the road credit (about 650 average) and a 2011 Ford Focus to trade or sell but I will probably brake even on it after the loan unless I sell it on my own and get good coin for it. I could probably come up with about 2-3k cash right now. I work for a blue oval Ford dealership and I have a d plan pin. I want to buy either a 11-12 gt or a 03-04 Cobra. I tried to get financed on a 11 GT about a month and a half ago but my credit was under 600 at the time. I don't want have my credit run 50 times again by the dealer and get rejected. I just want to find a credit union on my own. My dealership has a 2012 GT with all the options that I want coming in in beginning of September but I feel like I am missing the whole summer driving around in a f****ing Focus and then the winter will be here again and I'll have to pack it up for 8 months. I may just pick up a used Lancer EVO for the rest of the summer and the winter and then trade it in in the spring for the GT. Any thoughts? Banks? Credit unions?

Wow, you work for Ford and they wont finance you. Who financed your '11 Focus? Try them.

oilwell1415

Established Member
Good banks don't exist, they are a figment of your imagination. Every time I think I've found a good one they screw me around. My credit union once pulled my truck payment twice in the same month, which caused the checks I wrote for my bills to bounce. Not an issue, things happen, but when you don't deal with them well it pisses me off. I had rubber check fees from the bank and the payees that they wouldn't cover, not to mention that all but one utility company required me to put up a deposit or they would disconnect me. It probably took a year to sort it out, and it probably cost me a few hundred dollars in the end even after they paid everything. The bank that has my mortgage a few months ago wouldn't allow me to make my payment because their computer said I owed a different amount than the payment slip said and I had already made out the check when I got there. I was leaving town the next day and wouldn't be back before the payment would be late. Huge pain in the ass.

I hate banks. They make me want to keep a big jar of cash in my safe at home.

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
exactly how did your credit bounce back from sub 600 to 650 in a month?

650 is not middle of the road credit, its just slightly better than someone that's had a repo or at least a few charge offs. you should wait at least 30 days between running your credit so it can bounce back and return to its normal level, this give it time to show that you didn't buy what you ran your credit for.
You will probably have to go w/ a 2nd chance finance company, like wells fargo dealer services.
you're looking at around 13-19% interest plus the cost of having a car you're upside down in.
Keep shoving money into a savings account and buy later this year when they start trying to clear out the lot.

bigmoose

Established Member
I'm in Boston too. I really like DCU. They are my local credit union. They are offering 1.9% right now on new cars. Check them out at dcu.org.

I have my used car loan thru them at 2.9%

Fuerza

Established Member
Personally I think you should continue to drive the Focus. Your credit score sucks, pay on your Focus for a little longer until your in a better place credit wise. You are letting the image of driving a Focus effect your judgement, and that's never a good thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread