anyone know alot about HDTV's?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I have a phillips 30" widescreen tv "HDTV monitor". The tv supports 1080i/480p. I have been noticing with my xbox 360 that in 1080i i am having trouble reading the font on the screen. It is a little blurry when it renders in 1080i. I thought it may be my 360 or possibly my RGB inputs that were going bad. Well I proved my theory wrong last night. I finally got to hook up my ps3 and again in 1080i it is blurry. Also the text is very small anyways, and being blurry really makes it very very difficult to read. If I change it to 480p, damnit, it is ofcourse larger font and everything is pretty crisp, text wise. I am not too happy about having to play my ps3 in 480p personally. Does anyone know about these tvs and if there is something i maybe can do to remedy this issue?

thanks
Travis

Diggy Moe

Established Member
The PS3 signal does not scale it's signal to meet 1080i and defaults to 480p.And if your TV supports 1080p,make sure it functions as 60 hertz not 24 or 30.

MetikalSVT

Not A Rookie
Established Member
Well one, 360 doesnt support 1080i its original format is 720p so that difference can mean some interference. Since the PS3 cant currently scale video images to fit your tv, it requires gamers to have either a 1080p TV that accpts a 60hertz signal or a TV that supports images nativley in 720p. Even though your TV may say HDTV on it, it may not be compatible, and if not games will only be displayed in 480p. Yea it sucks but thats why I waited for PS3 until it can scale the images to fit my TV.

Last edited:

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
MetikalSVT said:
Well one, 360 doesnt support 1080i its original format is 720p so that difference can mean some interference. Since the PS3 cant currently scale video images to fit your tv, it requires gamers to have either a 1080p TV that accpts a 60hertz signal or a TV that supports images nativley in 720p. Even though your TV may say HDTV on it, it may not be compatible, and if not games will only be displayed in 480p. Yea it sucks but thats why I waited for PS3 until it can scale the images to fit my TV.
WRONG! The 360 absolutely supports 1080i, most games are set at native 720p, but the dash will do anything from 480i up to 1080p. I have a HDTV that is like his, only supporting 480i, 480p, and 1080i, I have absolutely no problem with any type of blurred images. What type of connectors are you using for the 360 and the PS3? The Sony will NOT support 1080i on your TV, it will downscale to 480p everytime. Tell me more, I may be able to help you out.....

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Whatever you do…..please don’t get a Ghetto Flat Screen...

ghettoflatscreenfront.jpg

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
This...

ghettoflatscreenback.jpg

Sorry couldn’t help myself :shrug: Hope you find a solution:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread