Anyone know about "In Production" ?

farmboy90

Established Member
So last week they told me my build date was 7/30. I called SVT today and they said my car was "In Production". He said it would be built between now and 7/26. So it seems my build date moved up?

But, I still can't see my window sticker online. Anyone know what gives here??

BossAnaki

Established Member
So last week they told me my build date was 7/30. I called SVT today and they said my car was "In Production". He said it would be built between now and 7/26. So it seems my build date moved up?

Congrats!! Same thing happened to me, give it till the end of the day or in the evening.

farmboy90

Established Member
Congrats!! Same thing happened to me, give it till the end of the day or in the evening.

Sure, I'll keep hit refreshing on the page. :)

Do you know if it is possible for it to update over the weekend? Or do they only provide windows stickers during the week?

peteypab2133

Established Member

I talked to SVT and they told me that the window sticker site is a 3rd party site that is no way affiliated with Ford. They told me its not always accurate. Your car may be built already?

The waiting game sucks. I can assure you its worth it.

farmboy90

Established Member
I talked to SVT and they told me that the window sticker site is a 3rd party site that is no way affiliated with Ford. They told me its not always accurate. Your car may be built already?

The waiting game sucks. I can assure you its worth it.

No, I don't think it is built yet. The guy said it could be built today, or anytime between now and 7/26. So it appears my build date has moved up a tad (from the original 7/30 date). So I guess I was expecting the window sticker to be available since apparently--at worst case--I am only 6 days from my build date.

I guess I will just keep checking it each day. :)

Snoopy49

Established Member
I talked to SVT and they told me that the window sticker site is a 3rd party site that is no way affiliated with Ford. They told me its not always accurate.

It doesn't look like a third party site address.
Whois info for fordvehicles.com:
DNS MGR
Ford Motor Company
20600 Rotunda Drive ECC Building
Dearborn MI 48121

Replace the VIN in the below address with your VIN.
Click on link below befor changing VIN.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CF0D5206556

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
No, I don't think it is built yet. The guy said it could be built today, or anytime between now and 7/26. So it appears my build date has moved up a tad (from the original 7/30 date). So I guess I was expecting the window sticker to be available since apparently--at worst case--I am only 6 days from my build date.

I guess I will just keep checking it each day. :)

How many days from the time you were issued a VIN until your car was "in production?"

farmboy90

Established Member
How many days from the time you were issued a VIN until your car was "in production?"

1 week for me. But I think it's atypical, as my build date appears to have moved up. Otherwise I think it would have been a few days longer. I understand that you get your VIN about 2-3 weeks before your build.

So on 7/13 I got my VIN. They could not give me a build week, build date, or an ETA at that time.

On Monday (7/16) or Tuesday (7/17) of the following week, I was told my build week was 7/30. Then on Friday 7/20, I was told my car was already in production. The guy at SVT said it could be produced anytime between the 20th and the 26th. So it sounds like it is a few days ahead of the 7/30 target. My ETA right now is 8/9 (but I highly doubt it will ship to me that fast, so I am thinking more like 8/16 or so).

I still don't see my window sticker online yet though.

Last edited:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
1 week for me. But I think it's atypical, as my build date appears to have moved up. Otherwise I think it would have been a few days longer. I understand that you get your VIN about 2-3 weeks before your build.

So on 7/13 I got my VIN. They could not give me a build week, build date, or an ETA at that time.

On Monday (7/16) or Tuesday (7/17) of the following week, I was told my build week was 7/30. Then on Friday 7/20, I was told my car was already in production. The guy at SVT said it could be produced anytime between the 20th and the 26th. So it sounds like it is a few days ahead of the 7/30 target. My ETA right now is 8/9 (but I highly doubt it will ship to me that fast, so I am thinking more like 8/16 or so).

I still don't see my window sticker online yet though.

That's incredible! I certainly hope that mine follows the same pattern with "production" only a week or so after the VIN issue date, but I won't be holding my breath. Then I just have to wait for the car to slooooowly roll all the way from MI to AZ on a train. I ordered it from a small dealer in my wife's home town in Indiana and they are having a local Phoenix dealer do a "courtesy delivery." I can't wait to pick up the car from the same dealer who quoted me $20K over MSRP to buy it from them. :lol: What a bunch of idiots! It's like they've never heard of the internet!

What part of the Valley are you in?

farmboy90

Established Member
That's incredible! I certainly hope that mine follows the same pattern with "production" only a week or so after the VIN issue date, but I won't be holding my breath. Then I just have to wait for the car to slooooowly roll all the way from MI to AZ on a train. I ordered it from a small dealer in my wife's home town in Indiana and they are having a local Phoenix dealer do a "courtesy delivery." I can't wait to pick up the car from the same dealer who quoted me $20K over MSRP to buy it from them. :lol: What a bunch of idiots! It's like they've never heard of the internet!

What part of the Valley are you in?

Same situation bro. I am in Gilbert. Ordered from a small dealership in Iowa. Total population of the city: 538. Yes, 538.

I am having it courtesy delivered here as well.

I have a question for you.... Are you considering doing a clear bra on your car? I have another guy from AZ going in with me to get ours done. They are going to put on XPel Ultimate for only $550. This will cover the bumper, grill, 18" of hood and fenders, and the side view mirrors. They are giving us a deal because we are going in at the same time. Maybe we can get an even better deal if 3 of us go in. :rockon:

By the way, I see you also ordered the fastest color: DIB. I have DIB with black stripes, pimp glass roof, perf pack, and recaros.

Last edited:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
With my Ariel dealings I have some great connections on clear shield and really like the new SunTek film that was developed in part by Roger Penske's team. (He bought out SunTek and has really taken their new product line to the next level). I use the primary installler for Lamborghini/Bentley North Scottsdale and will be having him do my Shelby. If you are interested I can talk with him about a deal on 2-3 cars (including mine), but I am guessing he would match the $550 price.

For what it's worth, Penske charges around $900+ to have him do a front end package and he recently told me that he has done a couple of Ferrari 458s (entire hood and fenders) for around $2K each. So you can see why I would want him doing my car.

Whatever you decide to do, we definitely need to get the two cars together once they arrive in AZ. Will be great to see both blues (one with white stripes and one with black) sitting next to each other! I stuck with the non PP since I'm not planning to track the car (and I'm not a big fan of the PP wheels), but the black stripe on your car will really make the darker PP wheels pop! Look forward to meeting you. I know that "MyFAST70" is also getting his car soon and he lives near me. Might have to make it a party-of-three if we can coordinate. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread