Anyone is central florida know how to change a clutch or know a good shop to do it?

Dirty B

Established Member
Need to change my clutch and would like to do it myself for free, but if not then anyone got a reccomendation on a good place thats fair in pricing? I am in Oviedo, thanks.

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
powered by ford....call 411 or pick up any muscle mustangs and fast ford mag

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
um. Lamotta in Longwood, American Motorsports (expensive). Any good tranny shop will do it.

This on the WRX or a Mustang?

Matt

Dirty B

Established Member
thanks for the reply guys, I had already known about those other shops but they are always busy and I would prob have to wait a week to 10 days just to get my clutch done and at a premium price. Just wanted to see if you guys knew of any smaller shops/mechanics that would do it at a fair price.

Or seeing if any of you knew how to do it and were willing to help me do it :-D

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
its an 6-8 hour job...looking at 300 for labor min...anything less and its a hack

Dirty B

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
well..when were you planning on doing it?

Matt

no plans as of yet, i am still debating whether i am going to do it or if i will just pay for it to get done.... decisions decisions

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:
its an 6-8 hour job...looking at 300 for labor min...anything less and its a hack

you should be able to find a reputable tranny shop to do it for under $250....seeing as they have all the lifts and proper tools for removing and installing tranny's...i did mine on my 2000 Tacoma 4x4 when it went out...took me and my dad about 4 hours in the driveway..

Dirty B

Established Member
Z-06_Killa said:
you should be able to find a reputable tranny shop to do it for under $250....seeing as they have all the lifts and proper tools for removing and installing tranny's...i did mine on my 2000 Tacoma 4x4 when it went out...took me and my dad about 4 hours in the driveway..

i havent been able to find anyone that cheap. I have called around to the shops in my area and the cheapest they have quoted me is 420 for just labor... :shrug:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
You are from Ovideo? Thats cool I spend a lot of time there (family) Anyways there is a good shop off of colonial....BUT I can't think of the name :bash: i will call and get the name and number. They do good work, and maybe there prices will be cheaper. I heard that there is a good shop by the waterford lakes area...Its a transmission shop never been there just hear say!!

Here: Harrison Automotive on SR-50/Colonial Stormsigma highly recommends this place...hope this helps!

Last edited:

Dirty B

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
You are from Ovideo? Thats cool I spend a lot of time there (family) Anyways there is a good shop off of colonial....BUT I can't think of the name :bash: i will call and get the name and number. They do good work, and maybe there prices will be cheaper. I heard that there is a good shop by the waterford lakes area...Its a transmission shop never been there just hear say!!

Here: Harrison Automotive on SR-50/Colonial Stormsigma highly recommends this place...hope this helps!

thanks man, i will give them a call!

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:
who are u kidding killa sam wont do it for $250 LOL
I didnt say Sam...i said a reputable transmission shop...my neighbor for instance owns a Transmission shop in Brandon...He was gonna do mine for $200, but i just had to use the best shop in the world according to everyone and their brother on Need2Speed, thats right i got duped by Race Related...

Dirty B

Established Member
figured out that i am going to go at it with a friend who has done it before.. just wondering if any of you have a slide hammer in the oviedo area that i may be able to sneak off you :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread