Anyone interested in an 04 Mystichrome Cobra?

jessew

Mysti the Torque Wench!
Established Member
Just to get a feel for the market, I'm wondering if there's any demand for a modded 04 Mystichrome Cobra Convertible. It was tuned and dyno'd in Dallas, TX on a 103 degF day for 570rwhp and 589rwtq. Our tune session was cut short because we were troubleshooting a nasty hesitation, which has been almost totally eliminated. I'm positive a less restrictive cat-back exhaust and a new tune would send this bitch well over 600rwhp, as well as eliminate the remainder of the hesitation, which is common to some 04 Cobra's, by the way. I've affectionately named her Mysti.

She has 20,000 miles, a polished Whipple with the stock 3.5" pulley making about 15# boost and an aftermarket 2.75" pulley making 22# booost (water/methanol injection will add a few extra lbs of boost by cooling the intake charge temp), 60# injectors, Big Oval T/B, SCT BA2400 MAF, Snow water/methanol injection, Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump, Autometer boost guage in an instrument cluster bezel that allows for two additional small round guages, Steeda cold air, Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe, stock 2.25" cat-back with internal baffles instead of mufflers, Centerforce DFX clutch and pressure plate, billet aluminum diff brace and aluminum IRS bushings from RPM, and the PPRV delete mod. An SCT XCalibrator II is also included with one custom tune and the original stock tune. The only other interior mod I've done in install a UPR Blue Thunder shifter with a chromed TrickShift handle and round ball, which gives her an old school flavor. The local police have complimented me several times on this ride. This car looks sweet, sounds sweeter, and runs fabulously!

All the original stock parts that were replaced are vaccum sealed in storage, except for the PPRV valve, which was thrown away. This car can be retuned to stock very easily, in case collectors are interested. Also worth noting is although the local Ford dealership is aware she is a little meaner than when I bought her, they're not aware of the extent of the modifications, and the remainder of the factory warrenty still should be in effect.

Unfortunately, the exterior has one very small scratch where the driver side steer tire threw up a small rock, a couple of tiny chips on the front of the hood and one tiny chip on the passenger door. Other than that, the car is in absolute mint condition and literally turns heads where ever I go. :banana: The intercooler opening on the bottom side started peeling paint about a year ago, and was repaired under factory warrenty by painting the inside of the opening black, one inch inside the opening to mimic the openings for the fog lights. Looks like it came that way. Top notch job!

I still owe about $37,000 on this $50,000 investment, so $37,000 would be the bottom price. I'm not really interested in recouping the cost investment for the mods, which is about $8,000. I'm more interested in getting this debt payment off my plate, as I really couldn't afford her when I bought her, and now I can't stop spending money on her. >sigh<

Last edited:

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
The only interest you're gonna get on here is flames man. Put it up autotrader or something.

Users who are viewing this thread