Anyone installed an EGT (pyrometer)?

BooRail85

Banned
Hey guys.. A buddy of mine traded in his EVO and gave me an unused autometer Phantom II EGT gauge..

Has anyone bothered with installing one of these in a L? I have put a few in DSM's, but never in anything other than a Turbo car..

Where would I go about installing this gauge?

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
I have a pyrometer in my L. I bought it shortly after I bought the truck (before I knew of the forums or what gauges were actually necessary). I guess I resorted back to the days of helping my friends mod their Power Strokes. By the time a pyrometer would do any good its probably too late, but back in the day my thought was that any unusual temps would alert me to a potential problem. Lately I've been thinking of replacing it with a fuel pressure gauge or one of the Aeroforce Interceptor.

As far as mounting the probe... until I got my wideband I had the bung down wind of OEM 02 sensor on the driver side. I now have the wideband sensor there instead, and re-located the EGT bung just after the cat. Despite the longer distance for the gases to travel, there isn't a very significant difference in temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread