anyone install cams in their mach1 or cobra?

bleedout

Established Member
hey all, im playing with the idea of installing a set of cams in my mach 1 but im curious to see how many of you have and if the performance gains are worth the money and install time? If so what cams are most popular and what hp did you end up with? I would like to keep the stock springs if possible to keep costs down but if needed guess they have to be replaced, also did you have to remove the engine to install the cams or can you just pull the radiator and supporting parts and remove timing cover to access them? Im ready for a bump in power, i wanted to go FI and i found a used procharger kit on here for sale but at 4k and still need a fuel pump and tune, the budget just is not there at the moment considering my recent upgrades, now if i can get a decent amount of power out of a set of cams and they look like they can be had for around a grand or so, I may just pull the trigger on cams and that'll be my fall project. thoughts?

Stang Lover

Established Member
PM NA_SVT he's the wiz on the NA 4V. I"m actually tossing around the ideal myself and i've met a couple cammed Mach 1 guys and their cars pull hard. If I decide to go this route i'll be shooting for 370-380ish

Last edited:

bleedout

Established Member
ok will do, and that would be a great number N/A lol. I think i would be very pleased with that, i just need some feed back, suggestions on brand, size ect. thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread