Anyone in New Jersey Willing to Look at a Car for me?

navi243

Established Member
I am looking to buy a new daily driver and it is in Mountain Lakes New Jersey and I am in TX. Mercedes E Class

The car is intriguing but also concerning to me. Here the facts.

Book Value - $25k
Asking Price $15k

Dealer says it is priced so low as it purchased the car at a heavily discounted price from another dealer who got his insurance company to pay him out on all vehicles during hurricane Sandy due to flood damage.

THE INTRIGUING part is that it has a clean and clear title, and I have checked the auto insurance databases and it shows up without any claims ever being filed.

If you have some time to lend a hand I can give you the details on the car...just send me a pm

jrandy

Established Member
Hopefully someone local can chime in and help, but it seems fishy to me.

Post up what you find.

navi243

Established Member
Dealer claims that this car has not had any flood damage or any related repairs, but then that makes me wonder why would insurance pay the original dealer that owned this vehicle anything on this car? And why the clean and clear title?

I am really begining to wonder if this dealership purchased it from another dealership at a heavy discount that wanted to cut their losses after the hurricane because the insuance WOULD not pay them out on it. And then this dealer fixed what was wrong with the car versus filing a claim to maintain the clear title...

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Personally IMO I would avoid it. It may be a great price but if it spent any time under water you are looking for issues down the road. I've seen a lot of cars "cleaned" up from floods and usually they aren't something you want to mess with unless they were cleaned up within 24-48 hours. Especially since salt water could be an issue. Just my opinion.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Mountain lakes is a hike for me too, and I just don't have the time to fly up there. But I will say, there are literally THOUSANDS of hurricane sandy flood cars in NJ alone. And for some reason, they don't always get flood titles and such. This sounds to good to be true.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread