Anyone in Houston, TX?

What????

Established Member
Anyone close to MD Anderson?

I am in Birmingham, AL and had a relapse in cancer and after a few new rounds of chemo I'll be heading to MD Anderson for a transplant mid-late July. I will be there for over 100 days.

Anyways, my mom and myself are driving out there and wonder where are affordable but (clean and SAFE) places in the area to live/rent? Looking for a place within 10 minutes of MDA and also needs to be furnished and have washer/dryer. We're looking to spend under $1,000/mo before utilitys,the cheaper the better, but we don't want to compromize our safety. Need to be within 10 minutes of MDA.

I've looked on rent.com, but hell type in Houston and you get 80 pages of places, I need a place specifically close to the hospital.

Any help to specific places or areas very very close to MDA?

Last edited:

EnglishAdam

Established Member
I used to live in Houston and had a friend who was treated there. It's a great place.
They actually have their own hotel connected to the facility. If not, there's a place called Homestead Village quite close by that has long stay rentals.
MD Anderson also has their own on site travel agency and can arrange travel, hotels and accommodation.
Give them a call and ask them about this.

Good luck with your treatment.

Last edited:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Yes and I happen to live not too far fromm the Medical Center. Housing in that area is generally high because its considered inner loop and very close to downtown and Rice University.
I live here:http://www.apartments.com/partner/s...17.220&lookup=103017.220&partner=fcl&prvpg=20
But this may be a bit out of your range. My floor model is the Oslo.

Check these out, they are about 5-10mins away from MD Anderson and are pretty nice. A lot of medical students stay in these apartments.

deauxt

Established Member
EnglishAdam said:
I used to live in Houston and had a friend who was treated there. It's a great place.
They actually have their own hotel connected to the facility. If not, there's a place called Homestead Village quite close by that has long stay rentals.
MD Anderson also has their own on site travel agency and can arrange travel, hotels and accommodation.

Yeah, definitely check on this. No worries whatsoever with traffic. And that will take away at least some of the stress involved with all of this. Although, I live about 10 minutes away from the Med Center during average traffic. I'm in the Meyerland area. It's a little southwest of the Medical Center. In your price range too. PM me if you want any more details. Good luck!!!

rangerob

[IMG]http://i40.photobuck
Established Member
I dont live in houston but drive there quite a bit. Wish i could help you out. Good luck with your transplant and get well soon.

What????

Established Member
EnglishAdam said:

Thanks yeah I am staying at their hotel fo rthe first week while being admitted, its $$$. Like $150/day or something. Trying ot stay around $1k a mo.

Users who are viewing this thread