Anyone in here with a high mileage 03-04 Cobra?

562cobra

Hlistr_07RR ftl
Established Member
Well i wanted to know if anybody in these forums had a high mileage termy. the reason i want to know is because i heard once it has high mileage it's not worth doing anything to it or even taking it to the track. Anyone with a piece of mind about this please share. My termy has 90k miles and the mods that i wanted to do include: 2.80 upper pulley + idlers, belt, and spark plugs. As far as taking it to the track i will probably take a couple times a year before mods[depending on the answer to this thread] and after mods. any help that you may have thank you.

I M fast

daily driven!
Established Member
70,000 km {canadian} and runs like the day I bought it brand new, but faster and better gas millage.:eek: all my mods were at 30k. Only ever had 1 prob, blew a frps.:shrug: I think at high millage you should pay close attention to temps,iac,oil,rad,IC. But hell ya run it!:rockon:

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
do a search, there is at least 5-10 threads on cobras with high milage. 82,xxx on mine. pullied since around 30k.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
82xxx on mine also and i did all the mods in my sig in the last 30k miles and still pulls like a train. when i put on my stuff, i could see that most of the mods i had done had apparently been done once before, so if i were u, i wouldnt worry too much, as long as the motor is healthy, u will see decent enough gains with some pulleys and a tune. if u are worried, then for your own peace of mind, get a compression and leak down test. if ur motor is good than go crazy.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I remember seeing one guy on here with close to 200k with no issues. These motors can run for a long time if you take care of them right. Aside from routine maintenance, the main thing to insure long engine life is to make sure the tune is dead on and that it's not running hot.

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
97000 610hp daily driver. Proper maintenance and any car will last.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread