Anyone in here ever switch from a AOD to T5 or Tremec 3550?

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Hey,
Anyone ever swtich from an AOD to a T5? I'm planning on doing that soon. I have read up on it a good bit as well :)

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
I have and it was one of the easiest things I have done to my car. I wish I would have done it sooner. Hardest part is having to get under the dash to install the quadrant. Only glitch I ran into was that I had to make a small bracket for the trans mount b/c (I used a SN-95 bell housing), but the Foxbody T-5 is just a hair shorter than the SN-95s trannies and I had to route the connectors for the transmisson range sensor since I was still using the stock ECC(I know have the 5 spd ECC) and I did not wire the clutch defeat(I can start the car w/out pressing in the clutch). Also you should be able to use the speedo gear out of your auto if the T-5 doesn't come with one. It took me a sat. afternoon to do and that was having to pull the AODE and cooler lines and taking my time. But I did it at work with a lift and everything else one would need to complete just about any job. I was even able to use the stock AODE driveshaft. Of course you will also need the lower shifter boot, and the upper boot also or just get a console out of 5spd car. I am not sure how the fox body ECCs are when swapping to a T-5 I have heard that they run fine and have also heard they don't run very well? Hope this helps you out a little. :)

Last edited:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
SVTour: It's still up in the air. I'll try to remember to tell you the outcome ASAP. I'll email him and see how it stands, our plans got a little mest up due to conflicting schedules :(

Users who are viewing this thread