anyone in greensboro nc?

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Well, After getting out of the Marines and trying to find a job for the past 6 months. Ive landed one in reidsville nc which is a small town not far from greensboro NC. Im currently living in Wilmington NC, and I love it. Im really not looking forward to the move but its tough finding a decent job around here. Im leaving my parents which Im really really close with. Any one in the greensboro area? I know its going to be a big change.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I live in the area. I live in Browns Summit, which is between Reidsville, and Greensboro. There is a cruise in, thursday nights in Reidsville, at the Sonic on Freeway Dr.

Where are you going to be living? working? Let me know if you need any help. If I have the time, I wont mind helping. :beer:

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Im going to be working off watkins industrial drive, Ive only been up there one time and it looked pretty small. I did not even see a sonic there in reidsville. Im surprised there is a cruise in there but thats cool. What are some decent quiet towns around there? Id like to be more country then city but I dont want to have to drive more then about 25 minutes to get to a walmart or grocery store etc.. Looking for a house to rent at first. I appreciate the help.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Im going to be working off watkins industrial drive, Ive only been up there one time and it looked pretty small. I did not even see a sonic there in reidsville. Im surprised there is a cruise in there but thats cool. What are some decent quiet towns around there? Id like to be more country then city but I dont want to have to drive more then about 25 minutes to get to a walmart or grocery store etc.. Looking for a house to rent at first. I appreciate the help.

if you want to be close to Reidsville, you could look in Ruffin, NC. It is country, about 15 minutes to downtown Reidsville, and all the other shopping. There is Wentworth, again about the same distance. The rest, just search Rockingham County for rentals. how big of a place you looking to rent? 1 br? 2 br? do you need a carport? or garage? I will keep an eye out for places. price range on rent?

The Sonic in Reidsville is nice. It has the one side for carhop, then the other side of the parking lot is just parking. It has the patio, and a indoor area to eat. Lots of nice cars show up for the cruise in there.

I don't know where that Watkins industrial is. Anyways, let me know if you need any help

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
if you want to be close to Reidsville, you could look in Ruffin, NC. It is country, about 15 minutes to downtown Reidsville, and all the other shopping. There is Wentworth, again about the same distance. The rest, just search Rockingham County for rentals. how big of a place you looking to rent? 1 br? 2 br? do you need a carport? or garage? I will keep an eye out for places. price range on rent?

The Sonic in Reidsville is nice. It has the one side for carhop, then the other side of the parking lot is just parking. It has the patio, and a indoor area to eat. Lots of nice cars show up for the cruise in there.

I don't know where that Watkins industrial is. Anyways, let me know if you need any help

Hey man I appreciate it. I was wrong, Its actually Watlington Idustrial Drive in Reidsville. Ive been looking at a lot of places in greensboro. One place rite now is 22 minutes from work according to map-quest which isn't bad at all. Ive looked at places in Browns Summit and I really like that area but they are typically out of my price range. Im looking for a 3 bed 2 bath with garage for under $900-$1000 a month and that dosent' have a problem with a little 5lbs dog LOL with those parameters Im not exactly coming up with much..

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Hey man I appreciate it. I was wrong, Its actually Watlington Idustrial Drive in Reidsville. Ive been looking at a lot of places in greensboro. One place rite now is 22 minutes from work according to map-quest which isn't bad at all. Ive looked at places in Browns Summit and I really like that area but they are typically out of my price range. Im looking for a 3 bed 2 bath with garage for under $900-$1000 a month and that dosent' have a problem with a little 5lbs dog LOL with those parameters Im not exactly coming up with much..

let me know where you are looking in Greensboro, and I will let you know if that is a safe area. There are a lot of rough areas there. I will keep an eye out for you.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
I was in Greensboro but now I am home in Columbus GA due to having a heart attack and a stroke. There is a lot of car cruises and so forth in that area. Also the Elitestangs North Carolina Chapter is having some events around there as well as upstate South Carolina which isn't a long way away. I am an Event Coordinator for Elitestangs so look us up, we do have a web site.

The Snake

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
how is the area of Browns Summit on Yanceville road, by the little bridge over the water. I see a house for rent there that isnt to shabby. Whats the area like? Its looks pretty country and laid back which I like!!

Users who are viewing this thread