Anyone here using TORCO?

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Ive used a can of it and it actually felt like it drug my car down. I had 22* of timing and all. Maybe it was in my head. But the can costs like $12-$15 per depending on where you get it.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I have a Torco tune in the '03 DSG 'vert. On 93 octane I'm at 496 rwhp and with the Torco tune and additive, it's only 503 rwhp. Insane torque at 539 lbs. I haven't run the tune or additive at the track yet so I'm not sure of the et or mph gain.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
My before and after with tune 21.5 total vs 24 total...
450/457
471/486...

There were spots of 40 lbs feet, and 30+ hp down low....

It makes a huge difference, just make sure to tune for it...

I can run my racing gas tune on my 86... ~101 octane, with just a can of this stuff on pump gas... :D MUCH cheaper than race gas...

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Big misconception is that it will add power by just pouring it in. No gas by pouring it in will add power, you need to have it tuned accordingly. It will actual lose power if you just add it in due to the cooler combustion temps. Cooler = richer ----- richer = less power. To take advantage you need to add some timing and lean it back out some.

I use it on my KB race tune, we picked up aprox 20hp on the race tune over the street tune, and 15 ft/lb of tq.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
I was more or less wanting to add a small volume of it to a tank of gas to ensure 93 or better octane - to avoid any internal motor problems due to a "bad" tank of gas.
Kind of like cheap insurance. That was my original intention.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Mad Max said:
I was more or less wanting to add a small volume of it to a tank of gas to ensure 93 or better octane - to avoid any internal motor problems due to a "bad" tank of gas.
Kind of like cheap insurance. That was my original intention.
Then do NOT pour in the whole bottle... On a FULL tank, you would probably want to use about 1/3 the bottle... that would get you to about 95 octane, if of course you had a true 93 to begine with... It adds 18 points per 5 gallons, 11 per 10, and 4 per 20 gallons... with a tank of 14 gallons or so, you'd be at a fairly accurate 100-102 octane... with a full bottle, and this will cause the car to run much richer and loose power... although, mine ran 10-1 A/F and made the same power before I added any timing. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread