Anyone here using an aftermarket fiberglass 03-04 Cobra hood on their 99-04 mustang?

paradigm

Established Member
Anyone here using the aftermarket fiberglass 03-04 cobra hood on their 99-04 mustang? Any fitment issues or any other issues in general? I am thinking of throwing one on my car before I get other parts painted and any input would be great.

Any issues of warping under sunlight, pinholes developing in fiberglass, or any other pieces needed to install it properly? I see extremeparts selling it for $350 which seems like an OK deal.

Driver500

Established Member
It doesn't fit. The leading edge of the hood doesn't line up with the fenders. Cervinis makes a cobra style hood that's made to fit the GT.

You can put the hood on and it will work, but the hood will extend past the fenders enough to notice.

Last edited:

paradigm

Established Member
So the GT fenders are different than the 03-04 fenders then? I know the 03-04 Cobra hood is higher and the front edge is cut more flat to work with the 03-04 cobra bumper (which I also have).

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
Paradigm, I am running the cervinis 03/04 hood on my 03 cobra. I know it is nuts, but the gap between the hood and Roush front bumper bugged me. The cervinis hood was fit 9.5/10. For an aftermarket hood, it fit great. Didn't need much prep work, and painted nicely. I have had it two years now, and have had no issues. Best of all, all of the aftermarket hood vents work with it. It easily clears my 2.9 whipple, and has room for more. The underside is gelcoated as well, so it paints well. I would highly recommend that hood. I orderd from stage 3 motorsports and Lou knocked a little off the price for me. Just my 2 cents. good luck.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
I have a Cervinis Termi hood on my 2002 Gt, it fits perfect, aligns beautifully, and looks factory. i have zero fitament issues at all.... Its been on car for a few years and closes easily still.

paradigm

Established Member
The reason I do not want the cervinis hood is that the front edge of the hood is curved just like the GT hood, and not like the terminator hood. The terminator front edge is cut higher and more straight, giving the car a more agressive look IMO.

starnsey

Established Member
I have a Cervinis Termi hood on my 2002 Gt, it fits perfect, aligns beautifully, and looks factory. i have zero fitament issues at all.... Its been on car for a few years and closes easily still.

Do you have any pics of this? I plan on getting the hood when I do paint but its nearly impossible to find pictures of this hood with the GT bumper all painted up.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Do you have any pics of this? I plan on getting the hood when I do paint but its nearly impossible to find pictures of this hood with the GT bumper all painted up.
Pm me your # or email I'll get some pics off to you, i just got the hood painted to match the body color looks awesome.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
The reason I do not want the cervinis hood is that the front edge of the hood is curved just like the GT hood, and not like the terminator hood. The terminator front edge is cut higher and more straight, giving the car a more agressive look IMO.

It needs to be curved like the GT hood or it leaves a gap

CobraHoodSkiDad62April2009012.jpg

That gap doesn't look aggressive...it looks terrible. I have a real termi hood on my '01 cobra, and just yanked it in favor of the cervini's terminator style hood to get rid of that gap.

Yes I realize this is an older post, but it's on the first page of google searching on the issue so I figured I'd update in case anyone clicked on it.

Users who are viewing this thread