Anyone here that lives or has been to NYC I have a few ??

KrazyCobra

Established Member
I am heading down to New York for about 5 days, Oct 7-11, and was wondering what are some must see sights. I will be of course be going to see the bigger sites like the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero but I am looking for other cool things to check out.

We are looking at staying near Central Park any input on Hotels would be great.

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
First of all, dont listen to anything NYCStang Gt tells you. lol. But seriously, you should check out Wall Street while your checking out ground zero, ride the subway. Go to the Museum of American History(i think thats what its called, its by central park) See a show on broadway, buy a $3.00 hotdog. Buy an I<3 NY shirt from a small Chineese lady. Go to a music club. Try not to do ALL the touristy things. There are a ton of other things you can do. Maybe you should listen to NYCSTANG....

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
you gotta watch out for the crazy fuggin drivers. They do not give the pedistrian the right of way.

Walking around in the city is cool. Its amazing when you see all the huge buildings. You have got to see a show on broadway. There are lots of things to do. As for the hotel, why the hell are you planning this so late. Hopefully there are some nice rooms available.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
i have been to nyc twice and i absolutely love it. check out the jekyl and hyde restaraunt (i think thats in ny, maybe chicago) its one of the coolest. also go to grenwich village. supposed to be alot of gay people live there but its a neat place. the last time i was there was the march after 9/11. they had most of ground zero cleaned up but it was still very moving. they had a plywood wall that went up to the observation deck and the whole thing was covered with blessings and signatures, flowers and flags were everywhere. it's something i'll never forget.

KrazyCobra

Established Member
Lol I have already been pre warned about the drivers there but I really don't think I should have a problem fitting in with my driving record ;-)

Ya I have heard good things about the American History Museum so that is another thing I will add to the list.

I am also hopping Yankees are playing one of the nights I am there.

Any suggestions on places to stay i am looking to spend about $300 a night.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
last time i was there we stayed in the crown plaza in times square, the first time the plaza by central park. both were very nice.

4camV8

Established Member
go see:

museum of natural history
grand central station
burger heaven on E53rd
the United Nations
Public Library/Bryant Park
FAO Schwartz
Waterfall inside Trump Tower

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
The city is cool. Im not a huge fan of it though. Deff spend some time in Time Square. Museum of Natural Hystory is really cool. Deff go to a show on broadway. Watch the cabbies, yes they will run you over. Stay clear of the dirty water dogs. The USS intrepid is really cool. They now have the concord on it (saw them working on it in June when I was on my cruise) Any other questions just shoot

4camV8

Established Member
dirty water dogs reminds me of one more caveat:

don't eat the street meats... sometimes they smell good, but it's asking for trouble, haha...

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
The coolest thing about the city, is you could be bored at 2am, go out and its as if its 8pm. It literally is the city that never sleeps.

CobraCallie

Banned
Well for hotels.. I always stay at West Park Hotel when I travel to NYC for business.. I absolutely love it. And it's in a perfect location in Columbus Circle, and I love it cause they accompany business travelers great. Plus it's BEAUTIFUL HOTEL! It's right on Central Park West...

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Go to TKTS in Times Square, wait on line, and get some cheap-ass tickets for a show. I'd stay at the Marriot, which is ~45th street. If you don't stay there, still check it out. They have these elevators that change color (lights, not paint), and it's really neat inside (when you get to the lobby, the roof is about 50 stories above you, with rooms on the walls). Check out the library, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island.

Users who are viewing this thread