Anyone here run their own fireworks stores?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Just another idea of mine, possibly next year.

This will be in Indiana, fireworks are legal here.

Last edited:

assasyn

Established Member
I don't know how it is in AZ, but in Texas they are all run by carnies in the off season.

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
You need a credit check and whatever losses you have and or if your count is off they subtract that from your payoff. ITs not worth it unless you've been doing it for years and have it down to a science. I did it one year and i would'nt do it again.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
You need a credit check and whatever losses you have and or if your count is off they subtract that from your payoff. ITs not worth it unless you've been doing it for years and have it down to a science. I did it one year and i would'nt do it again.

Hmm... What do you mean by payoff? And who is they?

Are you saying the states government keeps track of how many fireworks you buy and sell?

I wan't thinking about doing anything too crazy. I know my buddies uncle owns about 30+ stores in the area and make a retarded amount of money from each store.

I was thinking about doing something much smaller. I was going to rent a huge tent or a relatively inexpensive unrented store and set it up there. I was only thinking of doing one store and have some friends and family help with the sales. I thought it would be nice to make 15 grand in a couple weeks.

I'm not sure if there is a law that you need to be opened for a certain amount of time or not? I really plan on looking into it further, it was just an idea I came up with and figured I'd try to get some input from others.

Seems like something that could be pretty profitable if you do it right, even with just one store :shrug:

Appreciate the feedback :beer:

txyaloo

Established Member
I don't know how it is in AZ, but in Texas they are all run by carnies in the off season.

That's funny. My former high school's coaching staff has run one for at least 15 years. AFAIK, they aren't now, nor have they ever been carnies...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
all the ones around here are usually ran by organizations and all profits go to some special cause, school programs, special aid, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread