Anyone here of low Dyno numbers due to car being "to new"

dd69a

Established Member
Car was dyno tuned with 2200 miles. SW long tubes, airaid CAI off road X, 93 race tune. Put down 410/372 at the wheels. Not mentioning names on the tuning because I don't want a pissing match but I was expecting better numbers. Was told numbers were a tad low because car was to new. Is this a factor? Thanx.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
My car has low numbers, but for some reason runs just as hard if not harder then most.

q6543

Established Member
Your numbers are right inline with mods........

what were you expecting?

Last edited:

MatteBlack

Established Member
Your numbers are right inline with mods........

what were you expecting?

x1000

Also as everyone else has stated a dyno is nothing more than a tuning tool. A million different factors go into the final # output, temp, humidity, fuel quality, elevation, dyno used, method of correction, etc etc etc... As long as the car is running good and the tune is safe, I wouldn't get to caught up with numbers.

dd69a

Established Member
I was expecting 420s and closer to 400 ft lbs. no I'm not expecting 450. But when my tuner tells me he thought it was a little low because the car is to new with low miles. The car runs great pulls hard. Just wondering if the mileage on the car be low effected the numbers as my tuner said. It was a dyno jet.

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
My car made 415whp 359wtq with a boss manifold, air intake, tb, tune, long tubes, orx, over axles, and gt500 mufflers. Everyone said my car dynoed low for the mods but it went 12.20 at 121mph on 19" wheels and street tires. I borrowed a set of welds and it went 11.7 at 121mph on my 3rd pass.

Dont get too caught up on dyno numbers but instead use the dyno to check for gains/tuning.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
That sounds right... especially on a loaded dyno. I made 385 with just cat deletes and a 91 tune on a loaded Dyno Dynamics so an extra 25 from Longtubes and 93? Sounds about right.

Actually, my friend dynoed his the same day, auto with Longtubes, o/r x, and crappy bbk cai on a 91 tune and it made 414 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread