Anyone here love to Grill out?

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
Lately, i've really gotten interested in new recipes for hamburgers, steaks and grilled chicken and other things like that to cook on the grill.

Anyone have any great seasonings for steaks or hamburgers? personally i dont think you can beat dales sauce for steaks and worcestershire sauce for the burgers, but i've been trying alot of new things lately and some of this stuff is great.

I really like cooking bacon and crushing it up and mixing it with the ground beef.

Also tried the new jack daniels marinade for steaks, its alright but not my favorite. anyone want to share some great stuff bring it on in. :beer:

jbes3

Established Member
I absolutely love cooking out. I like smoking meat (HAHA) too. My specialites are Ribs, Brisket, and Chicken on the grill, and I slow roast them for a large part of the day, 8-12 hours, depending on heat/type of meat.

Try mixing ground pork in with your hamburger meat. I like it. For Burgers, I keep them pretty simple, as I like the burgers with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and oniions.

Moparkidd

Established Member
I absolutely love cooking out. I like smoking meat (HAHA) too. My specialites are Ribs, Brisket, and Chicken on the grill, and I slow roast them for a large part of the day, 8-12 hours, depending on heat/type of meat.

Try mixing ground pork in with your hamburger meat. I like it. For Burgers, I keep them pretty simple, as I like the burgers with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and oniions.

i've been playing around alot with hamburger meat lately, putting eggs in it, bread crumbs, bacon, different things. i'll try the pork too.

Have you ever done the Beer can chicken? i havent got it just right yet but its pretty stinkin good.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
im not to hot on store bought marinades but you have to try the A1 brand marinades. they have a few good flavors to choose from.

i usually use it on my cheap steaks or venison

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am a big fan of the Jack Daniels stuff but I don't use it everytime.

McCormicks montreal steak seasoning is great on ribeyes', sirloin, and pork. We don't get chicken our here but I am betting it is good on that as well.

I use kikoman terryaki sauce and marinade steaks in it.

Italian salad dressing is also good to marinade steaks in.

jbes3

Established Member
Have you ever done the Beer can chicken? i havent got it just right yet but its pretty stinkin good.

My wife absolutely despised chicken on the bone, but raves about my beer can chicken. I just put a house blend of spices on it. It is nothing more than salt, garlic salt, and black pepper. Very simple. The beer can chicken is always good n juicy. Only thing I have a hard time with is sometimes getting the cavity onto the beer can thingie.

DVan8504

Established Member
My family usually grills with Dale's seasoning. It's good, but I think I prefer grilling with barbecue sauce. I've only grilled burgers, hot dogs, and brats so far.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

I make meatloaf with extra lean hamburger, ground pork and ground lamb. it is awesome. thought about cooking one on the grill sometime but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Moparkidd

Established Member
My wife absolutely despised chicken on the bone, but raves about my beer can chicken. I just put a house blend of spices on it. It is nothing more than salt, garlic salt, and black pepper. Very simple. The beer can chicken is always good n juicy. Only thing I have a hard time with is sometimes getting the cavity onto the beer can thingie.

do you open the can or poke holes in it?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Hell yeah. I used to grill out 6 days a week when I lived in Florida..

My appt up here doesn't have a place for it so I can't...and I miss it...

Moparkidd

Established Member
I am a big fan of the Jack Daniels stuff but I don't use it everytime.

McCormicks montreal steak seasoning is great on ribeyes', sirloin, and pork. We don't get chicken our here but I am betting it is good on that as well.

I use kikoman terryaki sauce and marinade steaks in it.

Italian salad dressing is also good to marinade steaks in.

i'll try the montreal steak seasoning. sounded pretty good but i wasnt sure, i'll have to try it out now.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
chicken...
sweet baby rays BBQ sauce is where its at for bbq chicken

steak
salt pepper and worcestershire is pretty good

pork
only done this once so far but it was a black pepper marinade in liquid smoke

ABT's are where its at for finger food
take a pepper cut it in half de-seed it and remove all the guts out of it.
mix old bay (its a maryland thing so get over it if you dont have it your just missing the best seasoning in the world thats all) and cream cheese
fill the pepper half with the cream cheese mix
cook up some little smokies in BBQ sauce i used sweet baby rays cuz i like it alot
stick little smokey in the cream cheese then wrap in bacon
stick tooth pick through everything to hold it together
cook over low heat for 2:30 minutes at around 250ish

AMAZING

ff500

Established Member
Like RDJ posted we love the steak tips marinated in Ken's italian dressing also I like bratwurst on the grill.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Try marinating some steaks in Coca-Cola or Pepsi, talk about tenderizing meat. Then before cooking coat the steaks with olive oil to seal in the juices.

Mayo5

Established Member
My cajun bbq burger is pretty damn good and a crowd favorite.

I love to grill fish though.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Not too much I dont' BBQ.

My GF looked at me like I was nuts when I told her about grilling seafood.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Typically for steaks I put salt, pepper, garlic, and mesquite seasoning. Sometimes a little worcestershire too.

Chicken is Frank's Red Hot, Zesty Italian dressing, minced garlic, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, olive oil, and mesquite seasoning.

I will take my steak tip marinade to the grave. No store bought marinades in my house.

Users who are viewing this thread