Anyone here go to St. Ignace?

TRMNTR

Established Member
Anyone going to St. Ignace next week?

I go every year with a group of friends. We started going in 1990, went every year for ten years, took five years off and started going again about five years ago.

It's a fun road trip/ guys weekend. Hang out, watch cars, etc.:beer:

We are planning to take my car and my friend's Whippled '03 Terminator this year. We might also take another friend's '01 Cobra convertible (I tried my best to talk him into a Terminator). It's going to be a Cobra convoy.:burnout:

TRMNTR

Established Member
Come on, cars are meant to be driven!

You have to blow the carbon out once in a while.:burnout:

The show wouldn't be the same if it were here. It's a great place to hang out for a few days

You could drive the Harley up there...or the Bimmer? Of course, you wouldn't be able to keep up.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
I live in Cheboygan!

My Screaming Yellow Coupe 2.8h kenne bell is sitting in the pole barn

I'm out in Sacramento though:(

damn it...

I had to leave michigan, work is terrible and not much better out here in sac.

-Bret

I miss going to the St. Ignace car show

Blue03

Established Member
I have been going to that show every year since 1996. I'll be up there this year also but likely taking one of my Camaro's. Old Blue will be sitting this one out. :)

TRMNTR

Established Member
I live in Cheboygan!

My Screaming Yellow Coupe 2.8h kenne bell is sitting in the pole barn

I'm out in Sacramento though:(

damn it...

I had to leave michigan, work is terrible and not much better out here in sac.

-Bret

I miss going to the St. Ignace car show

I'll be happy to swing by Cheboygan and pick up your Coupe if you want to put it in the show...I'll take good care of it.;-) :burnout:

Blksnke

Established Member
went a couple of years ago and got one of the top 40 awards, had good time, if you don't have a room by now you will not be staying close

TRMNTR

Established Member
Ignace was fun as usual.

Trip up on Friday was great most of the way. It started to rain about 30 minutes from Mackinac City. My tires are about down to the wear bars so it got a little scary in the heavy rain and had to slow down to about 45mph at one point.

The rain cleared up in time for the parade Friday night and cars were cruising after. Saturday started out damp but cleared up and got really nice by the end of the day.

My friends '03 started to overheat after driving slow across the bridge, going through the toll booth and into town a bit. Turned out his fan was broken. We hunted all over town for a replacement. Luckily we found a generic electric fan at the Napa in town. Wired it up, seemed to be good.

Sunday started out damp and soon turned to rain. My friend stopped at the gas station to fill up. Since it was raining and my tires weren't so good and his were in great shape, we decided to get a head start and he could catch up to us later.

About 30 miles down the road, still no sign of him. He calls and says his car was overheating again and had to pull over to cool down. We pulled off to wait for him to catch up. He calls us again and says after he cooled off and tried to go again, the car got really hot and didn't want to run.

Since we had the tools, we had to turn around and drive back to help out. Had to go all the way back to Mackinac City to turn around to get the rest stop where he was at. The thing was WAY low on coolant. We couldn't believe that much came out when it first overheated. (When that happened, he had parked on the grass, so you couldn't really tell.)

We probably spent an hour there getting the coolant filled, burping it, etc.

Finally got back on the road and got into some HEAVY rain. At one point, I pulled off to the shoulder, put the flashers on and drove about 25mph on the shoulder. Pulled off at a gas station, to see if the storm would pass. The place was a zoo, thought I was going to get creamed waiting in line while a guy pulled a truck/camper around the car. Couldn't believe that idiot.

My friend call us and say they are at a McDonalds about 15 miles ahead of us, so we get back on the road, drive white knuckled down there running 45-60mph the whole way. Finally got there, took a break, had some lunch, etc.

Get back on the road to find more rain, followed by a traffic jam since some guy was off in the median. The rain got better but then we got into another traffic jam around Flushing. Got off and took the side roads down to Fenton. Thankfully, the rain had finally cleared and it was easier to drive from there. Got back on the freeway for the short trip back to Hartland/Brighton.

All together, it took eight hours to get home, when it should usually be around four hours, maybe five with stops. It was a miserable ride and I was exhausted. We'll go again next year but if there is significant rain in the forecast, I'm taking the daily driver.

My friends car seemed to be fine once we got the coolant situation corrected, now he just has to get a new fan back in it.

Who wants to join in the fun for next year??? :lol:

TRMNTR

Established Member
I forgot to mention that I counted 7 Terminators up there, including the two we had.

That's a lot more than the two that I saw up there last year (including mine).

It's nice to see them out and about. Post up if you were there.

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
Great to see you all there. Damn I wish I would have seen this post before.
I found out that piece on the fan is the low speed resistor.
Ill be back again next year. Maybe I can get a room in the same hotel.

TRMNTR

Established Member
Hope to see you again next year.

The hotel (really a true motel) is pretty booked every year, but you can certainly call and get on the waiting list.

Maybe we can fill the place with Terminators.:rockon:

Just beware, there is a group of guys who sit on the deck and make a lot of noise until all hours of the night...oh wait, that would be us.:beer:

turbo24v

Established Member
I was up there with my cobra. I was the mg that had the for sale sign in the windshield. I was the only one that was for sale lol.

TRMNTR

Established Member
We saw you roll by. Looked good, at least from 20 feet/20mph, but I didn't get to see it up close.

I had the black '04 and my friend had the silver '03 at the Moran Bay Motel.

Blue03

Established Member
What kind of Camaro?

Where do you stay in Ignace?

I know I am after the fact, just haven't been on the board much. I drove my 1967 RS 427 up there this year. I have 2 cabins on Long Lake in Alpena. I usually get some friends together and stay at the cabins. We drive to St Igance from there. On Friday we take the cars for a long cruise and then end up in St Igance in the evening. Last year we drove to White Fish point and then back to Ignace. This year we went through the Tunnel of Trees near Petosky. It was a blast. I had my Camaro, My friend's had: 1972 Dodge Demon 340, 1966 Mailbu w/454 4spd and a 1966 GTO 389 Tri-power. We went to this place called Leggs Inn near Petosky and had a bite to eat before we continued to Mackinaw. We had a little rain from Alpena to Cheyboygan and then it stopped as we headed west to Petosky. After we left Legs Inn it started again and stayed with us all the way to St Ignace. We sat in Ignace until about 6:30pm but didn't think the rain was going to stop so we left. Unfortunately the GTO suffered an ignition failure just after we got off the bridge in Mackinaw. Ended up going back to the cabins and grabbing a truck and trailer. A long day. Got back at 2 am and crashed. Saturday we hit the car show and that was outstanding, excellent weather and a ton of cars. Hopefully next year will be drier. Love going up there. Been going since 1996 and haven't missed a year.

TRMNTR

Established Member
That sounds like a blast!

The rain cleared Friday night just in time for the parade and it was pretty decent after that.

Probably a good thing you left early though or you would have been out later than 2am.

Saturday was great.

We'll be back next year. I'm also hoping for drier weather.

InKogNigRow

Established Member
I was There with my Crew of Cobra'a and mustangs.. Look us up next year..

James I met you one year I think I had the Dark Shadow Grey Kenne Bell cobra on 23psi, sold that now I have a Head Cam Intake 70mm Single turbo Fox Vert

ignace2010028-1.jpg

ignace2010022.jpg

ignace2010017.jpg

ignace2010012.jpg

ignace2010028.jpg

ignace2010025.jpg

ignace2010023.jpg

TRMNTR

Established Member
Nice pics!

I'll keep an eye out for you guys next year.

My friend has a fox body just like that, except for the wheels. We took it last year.

We'll be at the same motel next year with two or three Mustangs of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread