Anyone here ever been diagnosed with Lyme disease??

RL1

Established Member
I was tested yesterday, the doc called me today and told me preliminary tests came back and they weren't good so I have to go for more testing Monday.

I have been tired, kinda depressed, joints have been achy for no reason, back pain, stiff neck, tender muscles, short term memory sucks and it's hard for me to concentrate. My motivation sucks, been irritable for no reason at times so I explained all this to my doc yesterday during my psychical, that why he ordered the test.

Anyone here ever have it, if so what were your symptoms and outcome???

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
I have not, but a neighbor of mine was, and has had it for years. She has has so many surgeries it sad, and constantly medicated. Sorry bro, to hear you have it. Read up on it, and find what your options are as afar as treatments, meds, etc.

72 fastback

Established Member
im not a doc but you have the same symptoms of a friend at work who had it .after he was treated he's seems fine now.he could barely get out of bed and struggled to walk up a 4 step ramp.

RL1

Established Member
I've been researching it since my doc called me. I guess prognosis depends on how long it has been in my system. Also, it doesn't manifest in everyone the same way. I don't remember being bitten, never had the infamous bullseye, though 20% of people don't get it. I had mono 4yrs ago, and I know it's never out of your system. I have some of the symptoms I had then except for the damn joint pain and stiffness I've been dealing with lately. Hopefully it gets figured out and I get back to normal relatively soon.

V8muscle

Injected and blown
Established Member
Found out 3 weeks ago I have it also. We guess that I have had it about 18 months. Had many of the same symptoms you describe for the last year. Even had some heart problems that resulted in getting a pacemaker, Dr. now says that some of that may have actually been related to the Lyme disease.
Never had the rash.

The antibiotics seem to be working great. Dr gave me some exercises for the short term memory and says the fatigue should slowly diminish.

The CDC says very rare in my area, but very common in the northeast.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
the two people i've worked with at the hospital that came down with it both had at least those two symptoms...fatigue and depression. joint pain was prevalent in one of them.

don't jump to any conclusions yet. there are many different levels and stages that lymes can work through. can go into severe remission that may never come back, and if so decades and decades down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread