anyone here an insurance agent? career subject...

stangin'

Established Member
i'm currently an operations manager at a small company making decent money, it's nothing to brag about. this summer i decided that i needed to leave this current job and find something new with better potential growth.

i've sent out my resume to numerous places with no luck. i really want to get into the human resources field, but since i don't have much HR background it's been tough. i have a BS degree in business management from SFSU and most of my experience is with supervising/mangaging small teams. i'm turning 28 this year and i feel like my life is at a stall.

i posted my resumed on careerbuilder and i keep getting emails from farmers insurance and state farm insurance saying they want to set up an interview with me. i've never thought about getting into the insurance field before, but since i haven't had much luck with anything else, it got me wondering.

if anyone is in this field, can you tell me a little about what you do and how you like it. pro and cons? salary? any other good and useful info would be greatly appreciated.

i have a mortgage, car payments, and all the usually bills so i can't afford to start from the bottom again. i guess i just need some advice from people who has "been there and done that." thanks for your time.

Common

Established Member
IMO, growth potential is there for sure, I'm sure somoene will chime in soon.

SpectorV

Established Member
i get those emails and I have nothing to do with that field... some places want to hire you and get you to sell to all your friends and then you have to quit since you wont be able to sell to anyone else 99 times out of 100.

Users who are viewing this thread