Anyone Heard When The DENSECHARGER Will Be Ready???

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I have been waiting patiently for the Densecharger kit for the 03 and I was wondering if anyone heard any new news as to when it will be ready for shipment? Any other FULL intakes that may be available soon??

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
I have been waiting patiently for the Densecharger kit for the 03 and I was wondering if anyone heard any new news as to when it will be ready for shipment? Any other FULL intakes that may be available soon??

COBRyan, check this out, as it is more efficient over any Restrictive Cold Air Box made, including Canister Style.

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/cobra_products_powerstack.htm

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Very nice looking.

Do you guys leave out the screen for the MAF when installing a CAI kit?

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Just received this today:

The final "tweaked" system goes out, hopefully, by Friday. I've decided to use a 1/4" backing plate with the carbon fiber, add a couple extra fender liner fasteners, and have to adjust the length of the system a little.

The first prototype fits with the blower pump hardware in the fender, in both positions, and worked GREAT with the 100mm system already being previously in use with the 90mm lightning meter. I'm just waiting on the backing sheets, etc., to send out the finalized system. The carbon fiber looks like "KING COBRA SKIN"!

This system will have the "show" with the "go"!

I'll email everyone back when the final fittment is verified. The price is going to be $150., delivered, meter forward system. Thanks!

John De Molet

Dale

Established Member
What is John De Molet's e-mail so he can:

I'll email everyone back when the final fittment is verified. The price is going to be $150., delivered, meter forward system. Thanks!

John De Molet

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Densecharger, UPR, SouthFloridaPulley, etc...soo many options! I'm gonna wait it out to see all the dyno results before making any other mods in this area. And I'll need to see the graphs to see what the real story is. For example, I noticed the UPR CAI improvements reported were based on: 1) STD (instead of SAE) corrected HP, and 2) a spike in the HP curve with the CAI installed.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
Densecharger, UPR, SouthFloridaPulley, etc...soo many options! I'm gonna wait it out to see all the dyno results before making any other mods in this area. And I'll need to see the graphs to see what the real story is. For example, I noticed the UPR CAI improvements reported were based on: 1) STD (instead of SAE) corrected HP, and 2) a spike in the HP curve with the CAI installed.

That explains why since the install on my Cobra I can slightly break the tires loose from 10-15 mph with the clutch out in 1st and just punching to the floor, car just raises up and I am GONE. Second shift is now much more that a chirp and the car just LEAPS.

:burnout:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra

That explains why since the install on my Cobra I can slightly break the tires loose from 10-15 mph with the clutch out in 1st and just punching to the floor, car just raises up and I am GONE. Second shift is now much more that a chirp and the car just LEAPS.

No need to get defensive, T3. I wasn't saying the UPR CAI is a bad piece. Apparently it's working for you, and that's great. Don't misconstrue my post, however. My point was, that with all the different choices to be made, I prefer to wait until I can see the data so I can make an informed decision. I also like to make sure that the data I'm using in any comparison is consistent. From the dyno curve that I saw of the UPR CAI, the improvement is more like 20 hp SAE or 21 hp STD (not 27). That difference of 7 hp, works out to a relative difference of 30%. But again, don't get me wrong here...20 hp is very good. I'm not saying it isn't. I just want to see what the data shows for the other systems that are going to be coming out before plunking down somewhere in the neighborhood of $200. No one is criticizing you for your decision. (So please try to show the rest of us a little respect, in return.)

Last edited:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra

No need to get defensive, T3. I wasn't saying the UPR CAI is a bad piece. Apparently it's working for you, and that's great. Don't misconstrue my post, however. My point was, that with all the different choices to be made, I prefer to wait until I can see the data so I can make an informed decision. I also like to make sure that the data I'm using in any comparison is consistent. From the dyno curve that I saw of the UPR CAI, the improvement is more like 20 hp SAE or 21 hp STD (not 27). That difference of 7 hp, works out to a relative difference of 30%. But again, don't get me wrong here...20 hp is very good. I'm not saying it isn't. I just want to see what the data shows for the other systems that are going to be coming out before plunking down somewhere in the neighborhood of $200. No one is criticizing you for your decision. (So please try to show the rest of us a little respect, in return.)

:beer:
No Flame was intended.
Just wanted to say my "seat of the pants" feel

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread